Genealogy

Posted by: Brewer

Genealogy - 03/02/01 03:17 PM

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone out there knows the genealogy tree from jigoro Kano on
down the line? Or if you might know where one can get a copy of the information, or the tree itself?
Thank you
Your Brother in the Arts
Posted by: JudoSensei

Re: Genealogy - 03/10/01 12:00 AM

During the time Jigoro Kano taught Judo it spread all over the world, and grew from no students to hundreds of thousands of students. I think it would be impossible to create a geneological tree considering that kind of growth.

Re: Genealogy - 03/17/01 01:55 PM

Hello,
They have them in alot of the other arts and I was hoping they had done the same thing with Judo.I've seen them in various styles of oriental arts,korean arts and japanese arts as well.All these arts have grown in the same way as judo and some even started out before judo and still have genealogy trees, there's got to be someone out there with regards to the genealogical tree of Judo.I appreciate your view but I can't believe that there isn't a tree out there.
Thanks alot anyway, I appreciate it.
Your Brother in the Arts

Re: Genealogy - 04/25/01 04:45 PM

Hello Everyone,
I could really use some help on this one here,I would really appreciate any and all information or maybe you could send me in the right direction.I know that someone out there has to have some knowledge on the genealogy tree of Judo.
Signed Fustrated
Your Brother in the arts
Posted by: j_hiebert

Re: Genealogy - 07/12/01 12:49 PM

Mr. Brewer
What is it exactly that you are looking for? The senior Yudansha under Kano Sensei? The people in the U.S. ? Much of the U.S. History (from the USJA perspective) can be found in their Senior Handbook. If you have a specific inquiry, you can email me directly and I will try to be more detailed. I don't know everything by any means, BUT I do have some Judo historical documentation at my disposal that I would be willing to share!
J Hiebert
Florida, USA
email: johnhiebert@hotmail.com

Re: Genealogy - 07/28/01 02:54 PM

Hello J hiebert,
I thank you for your response,I have e-mailed you with the information I am looking for.Thank you very,very,much!!
Your Brother in the Arts [IMG]http://bbs.fightingarts.com/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://bbs.fightingarts.com/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: j_hiebert

Re: Genealogy - 08/07/01 01:50 AM

Mr. Brewer
I received your 2nd email today. FYI I replied to your original request the same day that I received it. and I Forwarded it to you a 2nd time today. IF you do not receive it this time I suggest you check your email account as there possibly is a problem with it. If you need the information sent to another address, drop me a line and I will send it again.

Regards
J. Hiebert