bujinkan?

Posted by: diddy

bujinkan? - 01/27/07 10:09 PM

Hey there,

First of all have to say have been watching this forum for quite some time, and have found quite a lot of insightful (and sometimes not so good!) information and knowledgable members!

I've recently started training in Bujinkan (Budo Tai Jitsu) to complement my Judo...

I have to say, I can now see where Kano was coming from - it gets a little frustrating not training at 100%, but I do understand the reasoning!

I'm just after some responses regarding other peoples personal experiences and knowledge regarding this style (other than the history, that you can easily google!). From word of mouth, I've heard that this style has a reputation of producing mcdojo's... although, as per normal, this could be one or two peoples own bad experiences with a couple of bad schools.

To me it seems like a bit of a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none style in which you'd need to train for 20 years before you could become proficient... but then again, that could be the dojo i'm training at? No disrespect to the Shihan, he absolutely excels in his field, and is quite qualified (10th Dan, regularly trains with Soke HM). It might also be me, and that I personally prefer to start off with a few techniques, and become relatively versed in them before I move onto something else...

Anyway, like I said, I'd just like some constructive feedback, no need for bashing a particular style. I do like it, but wonder if training in 2000+ techniques at 50% intensity will assist me in my journey...

Cheers,

P