Help!!!!!

Posted by: arnis1

Help!!!!! - 04/08/06 07:28 PM

Here it is folks... I desperately need help. I've got a situation. Let's say a 350 pound man takes a 163 pound man to the ground and puts him in a head lock. He's going for choke out. He can actually make out pass out just with one arm if he had too because his arm is that big. (curls about 70-75 pounds with one arm) Anyways, my escape normally would be to put my arm across his face, pushing his head away from him. I could also use pressure points like stomach five, or take my finger and place it under his nose and force his head back, or punch the pressure point behind his jaw (triple warmer). Usually, with the head back, people like to pop their legs over the opponent to push them over or pop their hips. I've also used the knuckle rubbing on the hands and wrists and all that, but the guy would be so angry that it wouldn't be enough. He knows that as long as he squeezes good for a few seconds, I'm done. Also, I've tried using the eye poke out, and even though he would lose an eye, he'd still choke me out. HE STILL KEEPS GOING EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE DONE ALL THOSE THINGS!!!

Then there's that inevitable "put your hand to the side of the face with elbow sticking into his ribs" technique that won't allow him to choke you out. Problem is getting it in if you're caught off guard or not paying attention. If he has you in the lock, you could squeeze your hand to your face, but he'll still choke you out.

I need a defense against this headlock not using hips or using your legs because I want to be able to teach a defense to people even smaller than a 163 pound man. What about a girl who weighs 100 pounds? Pleae ANYONE WHO'S GOT ANYTHING TO OFFER PLEASE DO!!!! ANYTHING!!!!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Help!!!!! - 04/08/06 08:34 PM

Note: Also posted in the Grappling/MMA forum.
Posted by: Fiddler

Re: Help!!!!! - 04/09/06 04:46 AM

So Arnis,

please forgive my skepticism but is this a serious question? If yes, then I respectfully submit that the described situation is so extreme that I think even a martial arts master (of any one or many camps) would be hard pressed to survive it. I'm not saying it's impossible but the best way I can think of to get out of this situation would be to avoid it completely in the first place. Coincidentally, I weigh close to 163lbs. I fight at -73 kg (1and I'm pretty darn strong for my category and in randori I can give 200+ guys something to fight against in tachi-waza or ne-waza. But if a 350 lb guy came at me with intent to destroy I severly doubt I would be able to do much about it. I would in fact do anything I could to avoid that kind of confrontation.

I guess part of what I'm saying is if you want to teach women self defence against this kind of attacker then the best thing to teach them is that it is virtually impossible to survive it bare handed or with even a small weapon. A healthy respect for mortality can motivate almost anyone to avoid certain situations. If this means a dark parking lot at 2am then just simply avoid it, period.

Having said that, the techniques you describe are pretty intense and if they can't discourage your opponent then what else could you do? Both hands around their throat and choke? Thumbs in eyes? Repeated blows to the temple and neck? I mean, the guy has probably already squashed you right?

I can't think of any 'martial arts' technique(s) that would be succesful in this situation if your attacker is capable of sustaining injury as you have already described. So I would probably look to the more viscious. I guess my defense (assuming that your attacker is intent on harming you and you are attempting to use anything possible to escape this hold) would be to grab hold of this guy's groin with both hands and squeeze as hard as I could and while tearing and ripping as visciously as humanly possible I would kick wildly and at the same time bite his arm as hard as I possibly could. If this was not enough to make him let go then I think there would be no way out. If he did let go, I would escape and probably go for help.

Well, I guess that's as blunt as blunt can get.

F
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Help!!!!! - 04/09/06 05:25 AM

Posted by: cxt

Re: Help!!!!! - 04/10/06 12:17 PM

Fiddler

Excellent post!!!