I'm Back

Posted by: oldman

I'm Back - 01/27/06 02:35 PM

Well after a month off due to the Holiday and a minor surgery I returned to my judo/Jui jitsu club last night. There were lots of new guys to meet. Some were from the northern branch of our club. Three of the new guys are LEO's from our town. It was a great time. We rolled at the end of class for a while. The main trouble was gassing out to quickly. I did manage to find a way to slip out of a neck crank. I'm stiff today and sor as hell .... but Baby I'm Back
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: I'm Back - 01/27/06 03:04 PM

How does that saying go. "You can't keep an old man down!"

Glad your back to it!

Page

Re: I'm Back - 01/27/06 03:53 PM

Thats true. It just takes longer for him to get back up.
Posted by: butterfly

Re: I'm Back - 01/27/06 07:16 PM

Remind me to give you one of my canes.

-B
Posted by: Taison

Re: I'm Back - 01/27/06 08:16 PM

Oldman-san, it is good that you are back. Take it easy, you don't want the training to be counter-productive, aye?

Doryoku,
Taison out
Posted by: SubZero

Re: I'm Back - 01/28/06 01:03 AM

Hey Oldman, it was good to see ya again. I got clock choked. My neck's sore. Are you going to the sambo seminar?
Posted by: Dereck

Re: I'm Back - 01/28/06 01:25 AM

Minor surgery? I hope nothing too bad? From one injured grapplier to another ... good for you for getting back into it.

Re: I'm Back - 01/28/06 01:48 PM

D,
It was an outpatient procedure. 4 shots 2 snips and no more heirs to the vast Cook family estate. As I told the folks in the admin forum... for 3 weeks I would have rather pounded a nail in my skull than have someone in my closed guard. It was like having 2 prunes and a 4 week old banana in my pants.

Sub,
I don't know about the seminar. When is it?
Posted by: SubZero

Re: I'm Back - 01/29/06 01:14 AM

Ultimate Martial Arts in Blue Springs, Missouri on Saturday, Feb. 25