New Moderator

Posted by: Fletch1

New Moderator - 01/19/06 12:42 PM

Welcome all.

With the departure of the previous Mod from this forum, I have assumed the duties after discussions with Grand Poobah- Oldman.

I am a student, trainer and coach. I am an LEO and have experience in Traditional JJ and Judo from the early 90's. I currently moderate both the BJJ/ MMA Forum and the Security/ Law Enforcement Forum. My current training has taken a departure from the traditional arts but I still credit Jiu Jitsu as being the first "light bulb" that showed me what was possible in MA training.

I would like to keep this forum geared towards Traditional Jiu Jitsu/ Jujutsu/ Jujitsu techniques and training for Self Defense and Judo. I do realize that many traditional MA people have general questions and wish to discuss general ideas related to the close quarter grappling commonly associated with JJ. For the purpose of order, please keep in mind that freestyle grappling discussions about Guard Passing, Leg Locks, MMA fighting, etc. should be posted in the BJJ/ MMA forum.

Thanks. Enjoy the forum.
Posted by: Taison

Re: New Moderator - 01/21/06 04:38 AM

You're the new Judo/Jujutsu mod? That's great, uh, what happened to the old one?

Anyway, congratulations!

-Taison out
[no more leg locks. . . *sigh*]

Re: New Moderator - 01/21/06 12:49 PM

The old one has taken/ been given some time off for personal reasons/ issues.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: New Moderator - 01/21/06 08:21 PM

Congrats on the new forum and I know you will do as great a job here as you have done it the past.

Scottie
Posted by: JKogas

Re: New Moderator - 01/22/06 12:39 PM

I'm quite sure the forum is (now) in good hands.

-John
Posted by: BrianS

Re: New Moderator - 01/23/06 04:47 AM

Posted by: butterfly

Re: New Moderator - 01/23/06 03:33 PM

Fletch,

Congrats. I don't venture in here too often since my ignorance is very large in this field of study, but saw you up here and wanted to offer my approval and best wishes!

Re: New Moderator - 01/23/06 05:26 PM

Thank you sir.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: New Moderator - 01/24/06 12:37 AM

Quote:

Fletch,

Congrats. I don't venture in here too often since my ignorance is very large in this field of study, but saw you up here and wanted to offer my approval and best wishes!

Brown-noser!

Good for you Fletch ... and let the games begin.