why am i still nervous ?

Posted by: Anonymous

why am i still nervous ? - 04/02/05 09:30 AM

iv'e been going judo four 9 weeks and ive done a compation but we wont talk about that,lol, but im goin to holland to fight soon but im nervous and also nervous to fight people not so much any more but i really enjoy it but i recently seen my mate brake his arm in judo and that sort of put me off but i LOVE it so i wana keep on going but is it natural to be nervous still ???
Posted by: schanne

Re: why am i still nervous ? - 04/02/05 10:46 AM

Sure, it's natual to be nervous before any competition. I get nervous for other people.....how's that?!

Re: why am i still nervous ? - 04/03/05 12:45 AM

thanks i needed the help but i dont want to be nervous because i wana do really well at this , can i overcome it somehow ?
Posted by: schanne

Re: why am i still nervous ? - 04/03/05 06:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by judo118:
thanks i needed the help but i dont want to be nervous because i wana do really well at this , can i overcome it somehow ?[/QUOTE]

Train more, it will raise your confidence.

Re: why am i still nervous ? - 04/05/05 11:25 AM

Itīs not necessarily bad to be alittle nervous.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: why am i still nervous ? - 04/05/05 12:49 PM

If you've only been doing Judo for about 9 weeks, of course you're going to be nervouse.

Train for a couple of years, you'll gradually get over the nerves. Not all of them though.

Good luck

JohnL

Re: why am i still nervous ? - 04/06/05 09:33 AM

thanks all uve' all bin really helpfull [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: why am i still nervous ? - 04/06/05 12:49 PM

If you are not nervous it means you don't care about the result.
If you don't care about the result you stand more chance of losing.