i need help in my area in which i live in

Posted by: Anonymous

i need help in my area in which i live in - 03/19/05 10:50 AM

i live in a ruff area and people get beat up there all the time ive just started up Judo and i was wondering if it would help me if someone tried to punch me or get me in a head lock so on ... ty 4 ur time ,dan

Re: i need help in my area in which i live in - 03/19/05 05:22 PM

All martial arts have strengths and weaknesses. I think most knowledgeable people in this forum would advise you to train in the art that you like, and suits you best.

Whether or not Judo specifically will help you in a self defense situation depends mostly on how it is taught. I think you will find that any good instructor will be able to help you with your situation in more ways than you might think. If you find a Judo school that you like then go for it.

--Dallas

Re: i need help in my area in which i live in - 04/18/05 02:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by judo118:
i live in a ruff area and people get beat up there all the time ive just started up Judo and i was wondering if it would help me if someone tried to punch me or get me in a head lock so on ... ty 4 ur time ,dan [/QUOTE]

Ok. if you want to speak to me more about judo my msn is chrismaster112@hotmail.co.uk />Judo can help a great deal in a fight and head locks.

Re: i need help in my area in which i live in - 04/22/05 09:17 PM

Why do you allways have some wierd questions about "should I" , "how do I" , or "what whould happen if I" . Do you actually have a judo teacher? It sounds like a classic case of yellow belt mentality. It's good that you want to learn as much as you can about judo, but you need to learn from experience and more experienced judoka, not on forums. For the record, JUDO WORKS GREAT IN FIGHTS. (bjj too) Good luck finding someone who wins a fight agains any kind of grappler who dosn't do it themself. Eventually you will learn that with experience. Go practice.

Re: i need help in my area in which i live in - 04/23/05 02:52 AM

roxer thanks but in most fights that ive been in its mostly punches being thrown can someone tell me how judo is affective if someone punches me ? thanks all uve been helpfull [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] dan

Re: i need help in my area in which i live in - 04/23/05 10:16 AM

If someone tries to hockey fight you, it's easy because you can easily grab their arm that is holding your collar and do a throw or take down(after one solid punch or two to their face of course). Other wise, act like you wanna box with them then rush'em and get them down. This ain't some kung fu wish and hope things work fight. If you do judo you know how to go head on with someone. Don't act like you're randori and wait for a perfect throw because a)they probly don't know judo and will be thrown easily, and b) you will take many punches.