Judo Pusups??????

Posted by: Judokid

Judo Pusups?????? - 09/17/03 12:13 PM

Where I study, we have an exercise called "Judo pushups" that seem to be the same thing as or similar to Hindu pushups. Has anyone else heard of these exercises??? do you know if they are, indeed, the same as Hindu pushups, or, an exercise unique to Judo? Does anybody else practice these techniques in their Dojo???
Posted by: immrtldragon

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/17/03 01:01 PM

Actually, we do the same thing and call them Judo pushups. I have never actually seen a Hindu pushup firsthand, but in pictures it does look the same as what we refer to as Judo pushups.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/19/03 08:54 PM

We call them circle pushups or martial arts pushups.
Posted by: gus

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/23/03 08:19 PM

japanese push ups lokk like a ballistic form of yoga cobra position.its actually a stronger exercice for upper body and low back strength

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/23/03 10:30 PM

don't get to caught up in names.different schools call the same thing by different names,ie. japanese pushup sounds alot like hindu pushups.
Worry about if it is working.

can go here to see photo of "hindu" pushup-
trainforstrength.com
Posted by: charles mckey

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/24/03 05:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nekogami13:
can go here to see photo of "hindu" pushup-
trainforstrength.com
[/QUOTE]

Confusingly, I think he calls them divebomber pushups, if memory serves [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/24/03 11:28 PM

yeah, he does, but caption read difference is how you return to starting posture(or so he claims).
Posted by: charles mckey

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/25/03 08:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nekogami13:
yeah, he does, but caption read difference is how you return to starting posture(or so he claims).[/QUOTE]

Ah, mea culpa - they're not in my present workout, so i confess that I skimmed the pictures and little else when I looked.
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Judo Pusups?????? - 09/25/03 02:46 PM

I've heard them called loads of things, cat dips, nose dive etc.

It's definatly not unique to judo.