building upper body

Posted by: Anonymous

building upper body - 04/16/05 06:13 AM

hi

i'm female, 18, very underweight. my arms are real skinny. i've read abt lifting heavy weights infrequently and eating more calories/ protein. i'm a bit reluctant to go to the gym, is there anything i can do to build my upper body at home? are push ups sufficient? if not, what exercises should i do at the gym and how long (before or after) workouts should i eat?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: building upper body - 04/17/05 04:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gt:
hi

i'm female, 18, very underweight. my arms are real skinny. i've read abt lifting heavy weights infrequently and eating more calories/ protein. i'm a bit reluctant to go to the gym, is there anything i can do to build my upper body at home? are push ups sufficient? if not, what exercises should i do at the gym and how long (before or after) workouts should i eat?
[/QUOTE]

Go here www.bodybuildingforyou.com

They have some info and a good beginers guide. Pushups are awesome but not really for increasing size. Also if your a beginer to weightlifting go here www.stadion.com

it explains it all cuz you dont want to go into a gym on all the heavy weights if you are not experienced in lifting yet.

Hope they help, dont hurt yourself
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: building upper body - 04/17/05 04:31 PM

Hi gt,

Why are you so reluctant to go the gym? The instructors there will be able to help you devise a training program and make sure you are lifting correctly. If you are really set against it, have a look at the two sites already suggested.

Additionaly make sure you are eating enough and eating the right stuff.
Sharon