Please help me out with health

Posted by: Anonymous

Please help me out with health - 04/13/05 11:53 AM

Hey, I was wondering If people here could help me out with my current state. I'll start with my specs - I turned 20 at the end of March, I am 6'2" and 160lbs(slim..genetics :/) I eat a healthy diet and have a considerably high metabolism, I work out every other morning and drink whey protein shake. my abs and biceps are becoming defined and I'm feeling *slightly* better over-all, but a few things are bothering me.

For the past few years I haven't been overly active though, I was in Tae Kwon Do and swam regularly at a local aquatic centre until 16, played soccer til 17-18 but after that mainly just jogged for from time to time, but I made a choice recently to feel better about myself and increase my energy. It's something the doctor suggested because I also have a form of depression that seems to run in my family, and exercise is the best natural defense for it.

First of all, being a Digital Media student, as well as working a full-time job last year put a lot of strain on my wrists and back(extremely repetive motions). I notice I sometimes get a numb, ANNOYING feeling in my right wrist, and it can also pop if i move it a certain way, is this anything to be afraid of? I also have a sore lower back at times, is there something I can do to alleviate this with strengthening or stretching exercises? I don't have much along the lines of weights/equipment. And one other thing is my level of energy, some days I barely feel like getting up. It's hard to attribute this to something because I have depression but also have been trying to start a consistent sleeping pattern. I usually get to bed somewhere between 12 - 1am and wake up at around 7:50 or so. How long does it you guys, on average, to accustom yourself to a new pattern and wake up not feeling completely lifeless? I feel I've wasted a lot of time and I hope there's still a chance to feel fit and good about myself

Thanks!