5'11" 114 pounds

Posted by: Anonymous

5'11" 114 pounds - 04/11/05 09:42 PM

This is not so much a problem that I need to solve as it is a curiosity of mine. I am 16 years of age.
Immediately after my 16th birthday, September, I weighed myself in at 114 pounds. Since I had interest, and enough credits to graduate, I decided to take weight training as an elective.
Up comes December, I had increased my strength over the three months, although I still didn't look it. I looked the same as I had before I had taken the class. I weighed my self in...114 pounds.
In the period between December and March, I have started taking weight gainer, I took it for a while in the method that was recommended by my peers, first I tried just taking it normally, once every two days. I was told this was wrong, and I started taking it every day for a week, and then stop for a week. Both produced no results, so now I only take it occasionally.
March, I have just about now doubled my strength I had started with. I can comfortably curl 50 pounds, and comfortably bench my own body weight. I am looking quite a bit more muscular with more definition in my arms, upper body, stomache...I weighed my self yet again...114 pounds.

At this point, I thought that maybe it was the way in which I worked out that caused my lack of weight gain. Although I knew that working on endurance only works more on burning fat than it does increasing muscle bulk, I began to do triangle push-ups, (as I call them, where you put your thumb and forefinger in a triangle on the ground, and bring your chest to them) sit-ups, curls with a light bar, and any other cardio exercise I could think of. I am in my room most of the day, so about every 15 minutes or less, I would get down and do 20 pushups, situps, etc.
Back to school two weeks later...weighed myself...114 pounds.

My diet is usually of homecooking or whatever is available, most of it is healthy. I usually steer clear of things too sugary such as cake, candy, etc. because for some reason my tolerance has become nil when it comes to sugar. Ardent coffee drinker.

If any of you have any ideas, maybe it is just genetics, but anything you can think up would be appreciated.

Re: 5'11" 114 pounds - 04/12/05 09:32 PM

Eat LOTS of protien (meat pasta etc) Try and get in 6 small meals a day

Re: 5'11" 114 pounds - 04/13/05 06:30 AM

At your age, you probably have a very high metabolism. You sound like you are an ectomorph....meaning that is your body type.
When I was 16, I could eat double the school lunch every day, go home and have a huge snack before dinner, and then have a big dinner and ice cream, etc afterwards.
And I hardly gained a pound.
If you want to gain bodyweight, you will need to do heavy leg work- squats.
You must eat 5-6 small meals a day consisting of good healthy foods and lots of milk if you can stand it.
If you want to gain bodyweight, you will need to relax more when not lifting-which should only consist of maybe training every other day in the basic exercises.
Get plenty of sleep too- you grow when you are resting.

Tom

Re: 5'11" 114 pounds - 04/13/05 08:07 AM

omg start muay thai