A Good MA Diet

Posted by: Anonymous

A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 12:57 PM

You guys are gonna hate me for this, because I sound like a dork, but here is a Boxer's diet that I learned at Fort Bragg.

Instead of (3) meals a day, eat (6). Make each of these six meals about 1/3 of one of your original (3).

Eat 3 meals of mostly vegetables, eat 2 meals of mostly fruit, and one of an average size piece of meat with another fruit.

Try to drink plenty of water (about six glasses a day) and stay away from Mountain Dew, Pepsi, and Coca-Cola. Sprite, 7-Up, Dr. Pepper are fine but (1) a day, at most.

+++This diet will speed your metabolism while still providing you the nutrients, energy, and body strength you need for combat.+++

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 01:16 PM

Six meals of large, or small portions? Are the meats lean, or just other types ( fish, chicken )...There should be large portions of vegetables over meat..meaning there should be one portion, or two small portions of meat and lots of vegetables, lots of fruits have citrus acids, so they're good to eat all the time. Water is great for you all the time..

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 01:35 PM

You haven't mentioned any complex carbohydrates. I hope you're including some. Complex carbohydrates usually contain 9-11 essential nutrients (your body cannot store or produce these on their own)that you will lack if you eliminate carbohydrates. Carbs also affect your mood. Whatever you do, make sure you include them in your diet because of their importance.

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 01:43 PM

What would be a high carb food, or foods?

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 02:04 PM

Any whole grain bread, pasta, brown rice, or parboiled rice (the same thing as Uncle Ben's converted rice). These are some of the best sources of carbs. Yams are good as well.

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 03:10 PM

[Any whole grain bread, pasta, brown rice, or parboiled rice (the same thing as Uncle Ben's converted rice)]

Sorry, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this one. Grain bread and pasta and Uncle Ben's converted rice has about the dietary equivalent to your body as a Snicker's bar. These are high glycemic foods which will quicly raise your blood sugar, and then you will very quickly crash from your blood sugar high. You're okay with the brown rice, though.

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 03:16 PM

This is form Atkinscenter.com regarding pasta:

Dr. Atkins: "Pasta alone is sufficient to prevent weight loss. Remember the principle: to be low enough in carbohydrate so that the body chooses fat as fuel. Baked potatoes also have a high glycemic index. These should be avoided."
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 04:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lme888:

Sorry, but I have to wholeheartedly disagree with this one. Grain bread and pasta and Uncle Ben's converted rice has about the dietary equivalent to your body as a Snicker's bar. These are high glycemic foods which will quicly raise your blood sugar, and then you will very quickly crash from your blood sugar high. You're okay with the brown rice, though.

[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with Ime88 on this one.

Any athlete needs complex carbs, but you have to be careful what type of complex carbs you choose; specifically, the GI (Glycemic Index). Plain pasta, white potatoes, white rice - these all have a high GI index, meaning they'll spike your insulin just like Ime88 explained.

Does this mean you should avoid potatoes and rice? Freak out about the GI index? Unless you are at the point of fine tuning your diet based on your level of training, I wouldn't worry too much about it...but it is another healthy choice that can be made, along with a bit of self-education.

[This message has been edited by MikeMartial (edited 04-05-2005).]

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/05/05 09:54 PM

Hello,
Please Corret me if I'm wrong, if You were eatting the high GI foods on their own it would spike Your insulin. If You were to eat, lets say baked potatoes with stir fried chicken and vegetables. Wouldnt the sitr fried meat and veg counteract the spike?

Alicia, I Agree. Yams (sweet potatoes)are a great source of complex carbs.
Cheers. Gary.

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/06/05 12:44 AM

Hi, I'm new. Nice to meet you all.

Enough chit-chat, I'm here to get down to business.

I noticed that one chick mentioned stuff about parboiled rice, whole grains, yams and what-not.

Then I saw a bunch of replies about white rice, white potatoes, and white pasta.

Then I saw replies that used the freakin ATKINS diet as a source. Now THAT's credible. Eat FAT and you will lose weight. Get info from an anti-carb page. I'm hoping more people go on the Atkins diet and die of a heart attack (the more painful, the better) so that the stupid population of the world will decrease. I hate stupid people.

The post in question mentioned nothing that you inbred hicks commented on. Do people actually read posts before replying to them? I didn't think so. LOL.

Alicia had some good points on her WHOLE GRAIN BREAD AND PASTA, YAMS, and PARBOILED RICE.

I capitalized the important bits for you geniuses.

Thank you and good night. I'm here every Wednesday.

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/06/05 02:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lme888:
This is form Atkinscenter.com regarding pasta:

Dr. Atkins: "Pasta alone is sufficient to prevent weight loss. Remember the principle: to be low enough in carbohydrate so that the body chooses fat as fuel. Baked potatoes also have a high glycemic index. These should be avoided."
[/QUOTE]
Don't listen to Atkins. It's reccommended that carbs be 60% of your daily intake. Carbs give you glucose and glycogen which your muscles need. Without that, when you workout or train your body will catabolize your muscle. In fact I'm betting really that most people lose more muscle than fat on Atkins and since it weights 3x more than fat it looks like they're losing weight rapidly so it seems really awesome.

From my health class in college so far the best source of complex carbs was baked potatoes. There were other good ones, but I don't feel like busting out my notes.

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/06/05 09:01 AM

tordeques, is right.

WHOLE GRAIN is the OPERATIVE word. brown rice, yams, anything brown is pretty much whole grain (varying on degrees) and is chock full of COMPLEX carbs.

atkins does work, BUT, is not designed for someone using a lot of energy.

i dont know how many on this thread HAVE boxed (i have for one year), and i used an outrageous amount of energy (if u box u have to run for conditioning, etc) and was always looking for whole grain foods and b complex vits.

good job T,
Kel

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/08/05 06:44 PM

[Then I saw replies that used the freakin ATKINS diet as a source. Now THAT's credible. Eat FAT and you will lose weight. Get info from an anti-carb page. I'm hoping more people go on the Atkins diet and die of a heart attack (the more painful, the better) so that the stupid population of the world will decrease. I hate stupid people.]

Sounds like real intelligence. Way to go. I bet you've opened a lot of textbooks in your day.

Re: A Good MA Diet - 04/09/05 03:16 AM

Listen up, celery-girl (lower case because you don't matter).

I can understand that you feel intimidated by my presence here. I will take your flames in jest and not hold anything against you because I am, simply put, BETTER THAN YOU.

You are lonely, depressed, and fat, and flaming good people makes you feel better about yourself. It's okay. You're in a rough spot. If I was unable to parallel park or do math, I'd be pissed off, too.

You're not getting enough protein or carbs in your diet, and you feel like you are going through PMS every day. Your rolls of fat prevent you from seeing your feet, and this results in you wearing socks that do not match. It's okay, if I bled for six days out of my **** , I'd be a miserable bitch, too.

I will pray for you. I will pray that you find peace in the beautiful things in life, like snowflakes on a child's tongue, or a barrel full of bleeding kittens being tossed into a shark tank. I will pray that instead of lashing out against good people like me, you will use your anger and frustration to do something constructive, like making paper cranes or eating meat.

Amen.

[This message has been edited by Tordeques (edited 04-09-2005).]