should i continue...

Posted by: Anonymous

should i continue... - 03/17/05 04:36 PM

alright so ive been thinking about whetere or not i should still workout. my cureent plan is working out 4 days a week with chest/triceps on sunday, biceps/forearms on monday, running on tuesday, wednesday chest and thursday biceps. im 15 and weigh 117.

I dont do any dead lifts or back excercises but am i working out at a right age? i dont want back problems or problems with growth spurts from working out. so what is the right age to work out or should i try to get fat and then work out?

Re: should i continue... - 03/18/05 04:37 PM

do you do any leg workouts???

if you do the exercise correctly you should risk injury strengthening your back and legs will reduce potential back injuries unless your doing them wrong then it will increase the chance

about your age its fine to start at that age i just wouldnt do any lifting to try to make your self get big id work on just getting strong for now

Re: should i continue... - 03/18/05 04:47 PM

o and about growth spurts thats a normal thing at your age anyways and if anything lifting will slow your growth but not sure about that its just what happened to me of course it could just be how my body is build

Re: should i continue... - 03/18/05 06:54 PM

what do you mean get stronger without getting big? do you mean i shouldnt do benches and bicep curls and just stick to leg excercises?

Re: should i continue... - 03/18/05 09:04 PM

With that plan you'll overwork yourself in some areas, and underwork in others.

The rule of lifting weight is that if you do high reps with a lower weight, you'll gain size, if you do extream weight with few reps, you'll increase your ability to use the size you allready have.

By working nothing but chest and arms your going to run the risk of injuring your under developed back, shoulders, and legs. you grow use to the power you gain on one side, then when you need to do a movement which requires both, you pull something, or worse tear something. its not a good plan. You should work out a bit more proportionatly. say, 3 days a week, one for chest and shoulders, one for back and bicept, one for leg and tri. try and keep chest and tri as far apart as possible as alot of chest exercizes use the tricep as well.

beleive me, you dont need to train a muscle group more than once per week. when i was 17, me and a friend of mine went to the gym every day after school. we gained at the same rate for about 3 months, then he started taking creitine (i cant spell :P ) and protien shakes and such. he kept going every day. i cut back to 2 or 3 times per week, and we had the same results still. differance is i had 2 or 3 extra hours per week to go have fun as opposed to exhasting myself. Muscles take time to recover, and 2 or 3 days isnt enough. you need at least a week.

Re: should i continue... - 03/23/05 04:51 PM

you are still young 16 is an absolute minimum for weight lifting as it can severly knacker joints and tendons as these are still developing and it is bad to interfear seriously with this, when you lift weights you will need to do a minimum of three days a week and have to work all muscle groups as when you develop because of your age you will devlope quickly (or growth spurt) if you dont train all parts your body shape will look rediculas all upper body and no legs is hilarious as you will never wear shorts (women love big thighs as well as arms dont beleave me ask them)

getting big the opposite as what has been said previously get big lift heavy weights low reps minimum of 6 for failure if you lift easily you are not lifting heavy enough, high reps low weights cuts the muscles and gives definition (read any body building magazine)

another fact you want to get big you need to eat you should be eating at least 6 meals a day reduce the size of your meal and eat every couple of hours this is important as you have to train your motabolism if you eat junk or big meals you will get fat and check your diet, you are coming up to an excellant age to get big start right and the work will be so much easier

you mentioned about getting fat first if what i think you mean is right it is a myth that fat turns to muscle

most important enjoy it