too much fibre

Posted by: Anonymous

too much fibre - 02/25/05 11:24 AM

is too much fibre bad. Im sure im getting constipated from it, as i eat alot of alpen cereal, which has alot of fibre and then my wholemeal bread which has 1.7g of fibre per slice. I eat about 4x40-100g bowls of alpen a day and 6-10 slices of wholemeal bread. I do the smelliest farts ever but can't crap, i crap when i wake up though and before i go to bed lol, nice to know, just wondered if too much fibre is causing this??

Re: too much fibre - 02/27/05 12:04 PM

I think too much fibre does the opposite to your problem mate.

P.S. Have you tried laxatives?

Re: too much fibre - 02/27/05 04:06 PM

sean-Too much fibre can definately mess up your digestive system, especially if you're a young guy. For one thing, it'll give you alot gas. Plus, you gotta drink alot of water if you're eating that much fibre. And, you need to be active lots of aerobics to keep everything moving down there. Are you under a doctor's advice for this problem? Have you thought about cutting back on the fibre, or maybe drinking some prune juice instead of eating so much fibre?

Re: too much fibre - 02/27/05 04:09 PM

thanks for that mate, I'm gonna keep it to one bowl of alpen a day, that should sort the problem. Im 16, very active, and im sure if i eat only one bowl a day (in the morning) i should be fine. Thanks for the reply Gino- very much appreciated mate!

thanks!

Re: too much fibre - 03/01/05 04:12 PM

Oh, by the way, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, maybe 5-7 servings per day. It's better for you anyway, prevents cancer, etc., plus the fibre.