muscle recovery after 37 or s....

Posted by: Anonymous

muscle recovery after 37 or s.... - 02/23/05 06:31 AM

okay, heres one (primarily for guys over 37-like me, lol),

what are you taking to speed muscle recovery (only legal stuff, lol).

i work out with someone who is 25, we are both seing improvments in musculature and speed, HOWEVER, i tend to stay sore longer then this other person. when they are ready to go back to the gym, i need to take an extra day or so (if i dont get injured and pull something).

so what are you old guys using to help the muscles recover, like when we were young bucks?

Kel

Re: muscle recovery after 37 or s.... - 02/23/05 08:48 AM

Time!! LOL!!

Don't really take any supplements, except for multi-vitamins. (36 in april)

Re: muscle recovery after 37 or s.... - 02/23/05 11:01 AM

yeah i do too, i also take chondroiton and calcium for joints, some flax seed oil, and the good ol vit C.

i run on certain days, lift weights on others, and some days i have to double up and do the shoot fighting and one or the other.

ive heard about glucosamine, but know very little about it....

gettin old is a B, but it aint gonna stop me...

i plan on being one of the fittest oldass guys on this planet!

lol,
Kel

Re: muscle recovery after 37 or s.... - 02/23/05 11:56 AM

I'm 36 and currently taking nothing. I don't find I'm too sore "yet" going back to working out and the aches I do feel I enjoy as it tells me I did something the time before. Possible these are not the same pains you are feeling. What I do feel I usually soon forget about when I start lifting ... maybe it is a mind set thing at this point. Also my current work out allows me 3 to 4 days for recovery before lifting again. Maybe this has something to do with it. When originally lifting 7 years ago I did feel those pains and wondered if they would ever go away. For the most part they did but again ... now what I feel I like.

I do however feel aches and pains in body parts from doing Taekwondo that have affected me going to those classes. For instances if I do heavy kicking and then go to another class the following day this does affect me. And I guess this does affect me lifting weights too.

I'm with you Hunterkell ... I'm going to be one of the fittest oldass guys on the planet too. Good luck to us both ... and to any others.