18lohan your question on nutrition

Posted by: Anonymous

18lohan your question on nutrition - 02/17/05 07:05 PM

I'm major in Kinesiology right now, getting my degree next, Ya...LOL [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

To answer your question yes? Of course you need to eat more then an average person. Think of your body as a fuel tank, the you burn ,in this case calories then you need to fill it up right.

If you burn more calorie then average person because of intense workout, 2 hrs 3 to 4 times a week of course you need a little more then average person. To replace the the negative inbalance.

There is calorie intake, calorie expenditure, and calorie deficit. Your body need a certain amount of calorie to keep you alive, then it need more for daily activity, and more calories if you workout alots. All calories is a store unit of energy.

So yes you need more calories, vitamin,and nutrient then a average person who Does Not Workout.

taichi

kempo warrior

Re: 18lohan your question on nutrition - 02/17/05 07:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by taichi:

I'm major in Kinesiology right now, getting my degree next, Ya...LOL [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

To answer your question yes? Of course you need to eat more then an average person. Think of your body as a fuel tank, the you burn ,in this case calories then you need to fill it up right.

If you burn more calorie then average person because of intense workout, 2 hrs 3 to 4 times a week of course you need a little more then average person. To replace the the negative inbalance.

There is calorie intake, calorie expenditure, and calorie deficit. Your body need a certain amount of calorie to keep you alive, then it need more for daily activity, and more calories if you workout alots. All calories is a store unit of energy.

So yes you need more calories, vitamin,and nutrient then a average person who Does Not Workout.

taichi

kempo warrior
[/QUOTE]

hey, thanks for the reply!
I didn't even notice they had a forum here on nutrition.

So what are important things to replenish my body with, in terms of foods?

Water of course right?
I hear carbs if you're doing aerobic, and proteins was it? if it's anaerobic. but I'm also confused there. Since kicking, punching, etc.... I usually train by doing them as quick as I can.... which would be more like a sprint. But then again... doing tons of repetitions feels like a long jog. So do I worry about aerobic or anaerobic?

Re: 18lohan your question on nutrition - 02/17/05 08:27 PM

There some really good rehydrate drink out there, but no magic potion oKay. Example gatorade is really becasue it has electrolye and other nutrient to help your body absorb the water better.

I would reccomend eating healthy, like whole wheat bread, skiness chicken breast or skiness turkey breast, really good source of protein,.

Another one is tuna, can or in a plastic bag are really source of protein too, and they are cheap. Make some tuna salad, or sandwhich.

As far a aerobic and anaerobic, it is good to do both. One for size and strength, and one for cardiovascular endurance.

Remember I'm still a students, so I Don't know everythings ok. Make you check with your doctors to see what they reccomend.

Oh dringk alot of water but not by itself mix them with gatorade or other carbohydrate drink powder.

taichi