weight gain by coke??

Posted by: Anonymous

weight gain by coke?? - 02/15/05 04:27 AM

Hi

I was told that if you drink coke in the morning you will gain weight faster. Does anybody know if this is true or not? I was told this in the morning on my way to school witha friend. She said just because i drank 1 coke in the morning only 2 times that week i was going to gain weight. If anybody knows please let me know

Re: weight gain by coke?? - 02/15/05 05:52 AM

All I know is that a can of Coke and any other soft drink for that matter, has between 7-10 teaspoons of sugar. If you don't use that energy up which the sugar has supplied, it will turn to fat as your body is storing it for energy to burn when it is next required. Most soft drinks contain all sorts of additives and other rubbish so it's a good idea to cut down on consumption.

I'd avoid drinking fizzy drinks too much if you're concerned about your health and try fresh fruit juices or water, especially first thing in the morning.

Re: weight gain by coke?? - 02/15/05 07:07 PM

Drink coke alone does not make you gain weight. A lot of stuff play a role in gaining weight, eating too much Without Exercising or not exercising enough.

I would stay away from product that contain simple sugar, like the one in the soda, candy bar.

I would also reccomend drinking juice instead of soda, dringk orange juice it have vita C, or drink, cranberry or rasperry juice it have a lot antioxidant, which is really good for you.

taichi

Re: weight gain by coke?? - 02/20/05 02:29 PM

These guys are 100% right you would need to use the 110 or so calories from coke to not get it turned into fat via exercising. The one fact that i know is that the pH (Level of Acidity) of your stomach is around 2 for the average person a "Coca~Cola" is around 2.35, this means that you are putting somthing VERY acidic into your body which can be harful to your system but MAY, I stress may help break down the other foods quicker by either making the stomache more acidic or making the stomache pump out more acidic HCL acid to deal with the coke and in turn break down your food faster. This could be bad beacasue it could destroy vitamins minerals and enzymes in the food you eat. This is in no way completely right and is jsut based on my non-degree related opinon. Just thought id add my two cents :P