white bread

Posted by: Anonymous

white bread - 02/04/05 02:44 AM

i am not sure about white bread is this unhealthy? i eat about 6-8 slices of this a day, dont seem to gain any weight or anything. I eat healthy, stay off high fat things and chocolate. so i just wondered if i should just eat wholegrain, wheatgerm, brown bread whatever. which should i eat instead?
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: white bread - 02/04/05 06:09 AM

I love my white bread as well. I don't much like wheat bread and such. At the very least, get enriched white bread.

Of course the correct answer would probaly be yes, you should eat wheat bread, but thats up to you.

If white bread is the worst thing you eat you shouldn't have to worry much about it! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]

Re: white bread - 02/04/05 03:01 PM

white bread has had the husks/outside bit of the wheat removed, this bit contains all the nutrients. the fibre from the husks helps to clean your guts/colon i think. in the u.k the manufacturers have to fortify the bread to make up for these lost nutrients, don't know about anywhere else. aparantly the swiss put a tax on it to encourage people to buy wholemeal. also the flour can be bleached which can leave residues of the chemicals. also read that it can form a sticky residue in the intestine which can derugulate your digestion. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG]
wholemeal is the best i think, but your probably better looking into all this yourself. try a search on the net.

Re: white bread - 02/10/05 09:28 PM

White bread is not good for you. Go for whole wheat. To truly tell which is which(because sometimes it's hard), immediately take a look at the ingredients. If the first thing it says is something like "bleached, enriched flour", it's bad. Don't get it. It must say "whole wheat" in the ingredients(should be first listed). Also, better bread is usually heavier.

Re: white bread - 02/16/05 07:54 PM

wheat bread (whole grain) is the only type I eat

Re: white bread - 02/27/05 01:43 AM

Does anyone know of a bread that contains buckwheat?