troubles with protein

Posted by: Anonymous

troubles with protein - 01/30/05 04:25 AM

hello, ive been taking protein as a meat suppliment now n then (no im not a vego and love my steaks) with a salad on the side..ive also been having a protein shake after a weights session which is normal but one morning i woke up and was very very constipated and im wondering if excess protein can lead to it?

the day before i ate, lamb chops and salad for lunch, protein shake at about 4ish after weights, those new kfc wicked wings for dinner followed by alot of beer (im young i was out for fun that night)..im just wondering if too much protein could have lead to my plugging up.

Re: troubles with protein - 02/01/05 11:42 AM

you are not getting enuff fiber in ur diet.

fiber includes: brown bread (the browner the better (also known as whole wheat). vegetables of all kinds, fruits (esp bananas).

there are others but a lack of this stuff wil fill u up with that bloated feeling.

it is not the protein.
Kel

Re: troubles with protein - 02/02/05 10:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hazard121:
...one morning i woke up and was very very constipated and im wondering if excess protein can lead to it?
[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you're not getting enough fibre in your diet. I find a jacket potato, with baked beans and cheese usually does the trick!!!!

Salad also contains a high amount of water, you should maybe think of including different veg into your diet to get more nutrition.

Beancurd (tofu), nuts, seeds and sprouting seeds are also a very good source of protein as an alternative to meat which can take a while to digest, possibly causing the constipation. I usually keep a bag of pecans (helps lower cholesterol), roasted chickpeas, and pumpkin seeds in my drawer at work and have a nibble throughout the day. I find I have stacks of energy since doing this and they're very good for you in moderation.

Constipation can also be caused by exercising before you have sufficiently digested your last meal. Don't exercise at least an hour after you've eaten.

Good luck!

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Chanters