Definition

Posted by: Anonymous

Definition - 01/23/05 11:28 AM

I'm 16 and I have pretty big muscles. I just wish they can show a little bit more than they do. Does anyone have any good routines for getting all your muscles defined?

Re: Definition - 01/23/05 11:36 AM

I have another ? How much weight are you supposed to use for definition and how many reps?

Re: Definition - 01/23/05 11:48 AM

im no expert on this so if i am wrong some1 plz correct me but for big visible muscles you want to do very heavy weights with few reps (4-6)doing them as fast as you can once agian im no expert im just telling you this from the info and posts that i have read on these forums
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Definition - 01/23/05 12:13 PM

There is a separation of exercise needed to get big, defined muscles.

To build muscle size you use fewer reps and increase the weight as you get stronger.

For definition you don't increase the weight but add more reps. You could also add a cardio routine to help burn the fat for faster results.

You should never lift fast or jerk the weights. Always maintain proper form and lift in slow steady movements. If the weight is too much for you to do this lower the weight a little. If you’re lifting fast or jerking the weight you’re only cheating yourself.

My advice is if your at the size you want to be at don't increase the weight but start doing more reps. If your doing sets of 8, move to sets of 10 or 12. Also start running, even if it's only 3 days a week. You can alternate the days you lift with the days you run for better results.

Re: Definition - 01/24/05 12:44 AM

lose weight..to appear "toned" and have very defined muscles just loose the fat which is over the muscles and the muscles will be alot more visable.