fat into muscles

Posted by: Anonymous

fat into muscles - 01/07/05 11:21 AM

ok I'm 16 and Im around 220 but its mostly fat i would like ot turn this fat into muscles im trying a lil liek doing 100 crunches every morning ubt can anyone give me sujestion on any kind of exercise or dit i can use or follow.
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: fat into muscles - 01/07/05 03:27 PM

You cannot turn fat into muscle. You can burn off fat, and build lean muscle.

Best bet would be to check with your high school phys ed teacher, or a trainer at a local gym to help you with a program that includes nutrition, cardio, and resistance training.

Oh, and maybe get your grammar teacher to throw you some extra homework also [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: fat into muscles - 01/10/05 11:39 AM

Run.
I started out (at the track) running 2 laps and then walking 1 for 30 minutes. I am now running 2 miles every other day. I have lost 30 pounds in 3-4 months. Running is HARD (for me anyway), but you will lose weight if u can stick with it.
Kel

Re: fat into muscles - 01/10/05 04:32 PM

ok, first of all every morning eating 2-3 boiled egg whites and eat only when ever u r hungry. about every 5 hours. your sugar should be from fruits mostly
muscles need sugar . Atkins is **** . dont listen to diets and dont eat after 7.

then work out sitt ups, push ups. eat meat and work everyday and youll see.

ps fruits and veggies and meats are good!

Re: fat into muscles - 01/10/05 06:30 PM

well runing is hard i have asma( im not sure on how ot spell that) and im ex smoker i used to smoke weed and cigaretts and cigars. and i used to do 100 crunches every morning

Re: fat into muscles - 01/10/05 11:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by inchrist:
well runing is hard i have asma( im not sure on how ot spell that) and im ex smoker i used to smoke weed and cigaretts and cigars. and i used to do 100 crunches every morning[/QUOTE]

Another option is swimming. Swimming builds up stamina and strength in most muscles of the body, and most particularly those which help with breathing. Many of Australia's olympic swimmers got into swimming because they had asthma, and swimming is a recommended sport for asthmatics.

Some research indicates significant improvements in the quality of life of child asthmatics who have taken up swimming:

* 49% reported reduced asthma severity, as assessed by their doctor
* 46% drop in the average number of visits to doctors
* 64% drop in the average number of visits to hospitals

It takes years of unhealthy eating and sedentary lifestyle to put on fat. So it won't disappear overnight, but with lots of hard work and good nutrition you'll start to see changes in a couple of months.

Re: fat into muscles - 01/11/05 09:22 AM

I used ot take up swimming when i was twelve but i didnt get to far I'm still at aqua 4 but yes swimming is good for asthmatics and I do swim alot during the summer. but do you know any exercise that would be good to keep in shape even though im not doing any kind of martial arts at the moment.

Re: fat into muscles - 01/13/05 04:11 AM

[QUOTE]I'm 16 and Im around 220, its mostly fat[/QUOTE]

your still alive?????

Re: fat into muscles - 01/13/05 07:17 AM

What you mean am I still alive it will take alot more fat to stop my heart ok I can still run and I play football.

Re: fat into muscles - 01/13/05 08:28 AM

thnx for the help everybody

Re: fat into muscles - 01/13/05 01:20 PM

I have a condition known as Exertion Asthma. The only time it affects me is when I exert myself such as martial arts, running, exercising, etc. First of all I don't let it stop me. I do all of these things and have found I can only take it to the level I am comfortable at and sometimes I will push myself a little bit hard and then I'll have to take my inhaler. Over these 2.5 years doing Taekwondo (7 years weights) my endurance both physically, mentally and asthmatically have drastically increased for the better. In other words I can do more then I could before because of this little push here and there.

I think too many people use this as a crutch. Yes, yes … there are those that are severely bad asthmatics but I think that many when they were younger and their parents found out that they had it they babied them into what they are today. You can run, exercise and do what ever you want … for gods sakes you said you smoked … what can be worse then that. You can't tell me running is worse! Take it at your own pace and push yourself once and a while. I think you find your stamina will increase.

If you are over weight at 16 years old and you don't do something now, when your metabolism slows as an adult, and being over weight already which means it already is slower then somebody fit, then you can only get bigger. You'll need to change your diet which is the most important thing, and then you will need to exercise. Cardio will help to burn the fat and lifting weights will also aid in this area but will help to build muscle which you said you'd like to obtain.

Please forgive me if I seem a little harsh, this was not my intent; it is just that you may need a kick in the butt to get you going. Before I started weight lifting for my size frame I was at 193 lbs when I should have been around 160 lbs tops. Now at 200 lbs from working out, I am the healthiest I have ever been, though the Body Mass Index Guide may say different but they cannot take in account muscle mass. At that point before I started I needed a wake up call … something drastic in my life to make me change my habits. You need the same. Talk to your doctor first and foremost before starting anything. Find that something to get you going … but get going now. I hope for good health and long life for you. Good Luck.

(Body Mass Index Guide: Multiply your weight in pounds by 705. Divide the results by your height in inches. Now divide that result by your height in inches again. Most adults have a body mass index in the 20's. Studies have shown that as your body mass index rises above 25 there is a risk of premature death due to health related reasons.)

My current BM is 30.27 (200 lbs with muscle). What I should be at 5'8.25" (68.25") is 145 to 160 lbs (without working out). I find this a little on the low side but it is only a guideline.

[This message has been edited by Dereck (edited 01-13-2005).]

Re: fat into muscles - 01/14/05 06:34 AM

[QUOTE]What you mean am I still alive it will take alot more fat to stop my heart ok I can still run and I play football.[/QUOTE]

real football or that talentless american crap.

Re: fat into muscles - 01/14/05 09:23 AM

Ouch ... I'm sure it is American Football and not what we call soccer ... which of course you refer to as football. I get the same thing from my English Grandmother.

Soccer (english football) players are some of the best athletes for endurance. Just look at the size of the field and how much running they have to do. I grew up playing this sport (9 years) and love it. I also grew up playing Canadian Football (7 years) but prefer the American version better. "Go Steelers Go" ... been a fan since I was 12 when #12 Terry Bradshaw played.

[This message has been edited by Dereck (edited 01-14-2005).]

Re: fat into muscles - 01/16/05 07:46 PM

yes it is sort of like americain football but with canaidien rules im in a municipal league just before college lvl and no its not a talentles sport .What do u call real football the europien football aka soccer?

Re: fat into muscles - 01/19/05 08:19 PM

I used ot take up swimming when i was twelve but i didnt get to far I'm still at aqua 4 but yes swimming is good for asthmatics and I do swim alot during the summer. but do you know any exercise that would be good to keep in shape even though im not doing any kind of martial arts at the moment.[/QUOTE]
If u wanna get into shape ride ur bike alot!! I lost about 10 pounds ova da summer and gained TONS of leg muscle!! Riding bikes is fun, easy and is GREAT exercise

Re: fat into muscles - 01/20/05 07:54 AM

I ride my bike alot but i odnt loose much wheight yes i gain alot of leg muscles but i sitll have this lil tummy hanging there

Re: fat into muscles - 01/22/05 07:08 PM

Run, alot. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: fat into muscles - 01/26/05 11:38 PM

Aerobic exercise, which means getting your heart rate up. Crunches will not burn fat. 30 minutes a day of running, jumping rope, swimming, whatever you want that gets your heart rate up. Just that and watch how much fat you take in.

Re: fat into muscles - 01/27/05 09:31 AM

HI i used to have asthma (?) but somehow it just started to go away the more i pushed myself. I'm not saying do the iron man but no smoking no weed, alot of my friends had problums with that and most of all you need to eat right. You can do all the exercise on earth but if you eat to much or too little or just bad food your killing yourself.

Re: fat into muscles - 01/27/05 12:57 PM

ok I'm 16 and Im around 220 but its mostly fat i would like ot turn this fat into muscles im trying a lil liek doing 100 crunches every morning ubt can anyone give me sujestion on any kind of exercise or dit i can use or follow.[/QUOTE]

Yo if you want muscle you need to first do some cardio and some long distance running. Also change ur diet. After you get to a good weight then start working out with weights and plyrometrics. Workout with weighta and doing crunches won't make you lose weight.......................

*Inuyasha*

Re: fat into muscles - 01/27/05 04:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Inuyasha:
Yo if you want muscle you need to first do some cardio and some long distance running. Also change ur diet. After you get to a good weight then start working out with weights and plyrometrics. Workout with weighta and doing crunches won't make you lose weight.......................

*Inuyasha*
[/QUOTE]

I don't totally agree with this. I went from 165 to 193 because I went to a desk job. I was not an active person anymore and sat and watched TV. After 6 years I had a life changing experience and I took up weight lifting "only" ... no cardio what so ever. In 6 to 8 months I was back to 165 and I was stronger and in better shape then I had ever been in my life. That's 28 pounds I gain and lost plus I had gained muscle, endurance and confidence. And I did this with only weigth lifting. Now I'm around 200 lbs and only started doing cardio with Taekwondo which I started doing 2.5 years ago.

Weight lifting alone will help you loose weight ... but ... cardio burns fat so if you are extremely heavy ... definitely add this. Muscle does burn fat ...

Re: fat into muscles - 02/01/05 03:50 AM

My friend who dose muay thai kickboxing karate and boxing at his school weighs like 120 KG!!! and is about 175cm and his still very very fit like fitter then me and i weigh 75kg and go jogging like 5 miles a day.... but for u inchrist if u cant run 6 miles like this guy i bet could and cant do 30 pushups like this guy could get fit dont think about losing fit thinik about it more about getting fit and the weight loss with come with it

Re: fat into muscles - 02/04/05 08:58 AM

I do around 30 push up a day i go to the gym and do some cardio i bike alot during the summer andi swim but i still have this tummy andi play football buti cant loose this fricken tummy.

Re: fat into muscles - 02/07/05 07:43 PM

I do around 30 push up a day i go to the gym and do some cardio i bike alot during the summer andi swim but i still have this tummy andi play football buti cant loose this fricken tummy.[/QUOTE]

You need to calm yourself down and stop seeking such a selfish (no offense) goal. The problem here is not that you're not excercising right or eating right (you seem to already have enough advice), but it's just that you keep on looking at yourself and repeating, "I got to get rid of this frickin tummy". Just calm down, do breathing excercises so that you won't get impatient and blow this whole thing off. The advice given below is great (and you're lucky you got them) but you got to stop seeing it as a "on your to do list" and instead make it a lifestyle. I was once fat (sadly) but I lost it from the "lifestyle" but most importantly from my focus and dedication (also from MA [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]).

Re: fat into muscles - 02/09/05 03:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Assassin750:
You need to calm yourself down and stop seeking such a selfish (no offense) goal. The problem here is not that you're not excercising right or eating right (you seem to already have enough advice), but it's just that you keep on looking at yourself and repeating, "I got to get rid of this frickin tummy". Just calm down, do breathing excercises so that you won't get impatient and blow this whole thing off. The advice given below is great (and you're lucky you got them) but you got to stop seeing it as a "on your to do list" and instead make it a lifestyle. I was once fat (sadly) but I lost it from the "lifestyle" but most importantly from my focus and dedication (also from MA [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]). [/QUOTE]

God assasin thats just genius soo true i remeber when i could only do 10 pushups i stoped for 2 months and kept trying now i do 3 sets of 22 [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] very nicely said inchrist take this information as the meaning of life is mine