Carbs, fat in food, etc?

Posted by: Anonymous

Carbs, fat in food, etc? - 12/18/04 07:05 PM

Hey,

I left football 2 years ago and i notice my health is going down the drain.
i was wondering if someone could explain to me what exactly is ment by carbs and things in food.

when i was playing football, food really wasnt an issue, i ate almost all foods.

i know salads etc are good, but i dont want to restict my self to one type of food.

If you have a weekly diet, ie:
monday Food A
tuesday Food B

etc please do share, or if you have any other suggustions please ask away [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Tim
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Carbs, fat in food, etc? - 12/20/04 03:49 AM

gday, ive just turned 17 and when my field hockey season finished i gained alot of weight. i went from training of 6 intense hours a week and 4 hours of games to nothing. i kept eating the same stuff as i did when in training and i gained alot of weight. fatty foods you should stay away from, there not good at all..carbs are good for you if your in heavy training ect but are just as bad as fatty foods if not burnt hence the atkins diet (no carbs, high protein diet)..

i have no set diet and have trouble avoiding all the bad foods but i try and do every day is try stay away from grainy foods (breads/pasta/ect.) and fried foods..eat lots of veggies,salads and meats. and also minimise sugars. i usually eat carbs 1 hour before i goto training tho.

remember, when packets of foods say "no or low fat" they usually replace it with high sugars/carbs so try and avoid them.

an example of a nice healthy meal for me would be. a grilled steak and a nice salad made from cucumber, carrots, iceburg lettuce, snow peas, alfalfa sprouts.

i also usually suppliment it with differnt salads and steaks for chicken breasts with a nice lemony sauce/marinade.