The best oblique exercise and diet

Posted by: Anonymous

The best oblique exercise and diet - 11/19/04 06:25 PM

i know it sounds wierd but whatever. I have a nice set of abs but it looks extremely wierd against my as some call it "lovehandles" obliques. They are my most troublesome spots and I just can't seem to lose weight off of them. Track is coming up soon and my track coach only lets the "fittest" and the "toned" into certain events I need help with this and I only have 3 monthes to do it If anyone has a diet/exercise program it would be greatly apprieated.
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: The best oblique exercise and diet - 11/20/04 11:53 PM

My fav side oblique exercise:

Side Bridges
-Start by lying on your side, supported on one forearm, and the side of one foot.
-Make sure your body is in a straight line.
-Hold for 60 seconds, switch sides, and repeat. I usually do 2 sets with my ab routine
-Alternately, I've seen people lower and raise themselves sideways in this position. Never tried it myself, as I like the isometric version better.

Re: The best oblique exercise and diet - 12/25/04 06:26 AM

this can kind of be like sideways situps but i dunno if it will definatly work..

try lieing on your back and lifting it slightly off the ground so from your bum upwards is off the ground. then just move as far as you body can goto the left, then to the right..kinda like crunching..

Re: The best oblique exercise and diet - 01/11/05 05:25 AM

using a heavy bag or shadow boxing using shovel hooks or hook punches will work your obliques. alternativley lay on a swiss ball and lift your left arm and right leg simultaneously and hold for 15 secs. swap and repeat.