I need Dieting TIPS!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous

I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 11/09/04 06:16 PM

Hey guys, I'm workin hard for a sixpack and I'm getting no where, prolly from my eating. someone please give me a few meals that would be good for it, I am already eating those 5 gram (or w/e) from subway like 4 days a week. If anyone could give me some ideas of food to eat and avoid it would be greatly appreciated thanx!

Re: I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 11/11/04 06:15 AM

you need to sat six time a day, and have about a ratio of 40%protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat... how much you should eat (calories) comes down to your weight and age

Re: I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 11/11/04 03:29 PM

Well I think your should do alot of crunches. I'm 16 and What I do is start off with 750 crunches. I know it sounds harsh but it works and try the carb diet. Its a health diet.

Hope it helps!!!

*Inuyasha*

Re: I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 11/17/04 11:02 PM

best advice for the 6 pack - burn off body fat, the lower belly is where we hold our reserves or fat, if you tense right now and feel your stomach you will (probably) feel that you have a set of muscles there - removing the fat is (probably) all thats left for you to do, keep up with the ab work and get some running/bagwork

good luck

Re: I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 11/19/04 06:20 PM

heres a good one although it won't make sense right away I'll explain it

Instead of eating 3 big meals a day eat a very small snack every hour, then right down all the samll snack you've eaten like lets say at 1:00 couple of carrots and at 2:00 a piece of toast and so on if oyu add up every thing you've eaten it will probably equal a little more than a supper, but think of this ever hour you body will eat up that small snck and you might burn it off in that hour if your snacks are low calorie to to sum ita ll up

Eat small snacks every hour (low calorie)
Your body will burn up those snacks as energy and you'll never be really hungery

I hope that diet plan works out for you

Re: I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 11/20/04 08:07 PM

the deal behind eating small meals is that your body will only maintain a certain amount of glycogen (it's the compound in between being sugar/carb and being fat)in the bloodstream. if you have more than that in your bloodstream, your body converts it to fat cells for storage. by managing your diet and eating smaller meals, you'll probably spend more time (total) needing your body to convert fat to glycogen instead of the other way around or even the same amount of time. aside from that, look at the side of a can of pepsi or juice, see how many tsp of sugar are in each drink. actually spoon that much sugar into a glass and look at it. then understand why you should drink so much water!!! water will help you get more cut by reducing the calories you eat (soda, plus being full on water more often) and also encourage your body not to store water, which has the same cosmetic effects as fat.
some things that are good to eat...
-chili, but don't go crazy. a couple crackers are ok, but skip the cheese for a while.
-half a bagel with peanut butter. it will actually fill you up longer than a whole bagel, and it's just about the same calories. cream cheese will do the same, but the saturated fat isn't any good for your goal here.
-all kinds of vegetables not smothered in sauce or butter
-all kinds of fruits not canned with 20 bags of sugar
-just about any sandwich (whole wheat and multigrain are the way to go...arnold brand's 7 grain and 9 grain bread are pretty tasty) that doesn't have fatty meat (turkey, tuna, chicken, egg salad, etc, and be careful with the roast beef...lean cuts)
i think you get the idea, but ask more questions if you have em.
tony

Re: I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 11/21/04 01:54 PM

im 14 145pounds and exorsise trying to get a six pack what would be a good diet to go along with it?

Re: I need Dieting TIPS!!!! - 12/16/04 02:56 PM

Stop eating at Subway. Make your own food. Eat real foods that you know where they come from and how they've been treated and how they've been cooked.

Eat loads of vegetables, a good amount of fruit, whole grain products, excellent quality low fat animal proteins, don't worry much about the fats in vegetable source proteins. (See the mayo clinic food pyramid as a good guideline.)

Don't get too attached to the idea of a 6-pack. Not every body can get there. Some of us are just genetically predisposed to having some protective body fat. There's not a whole lot you can do about that.