old wine fable

Posted by: Anonymous

old wine fable - 09/10/04 07:10 PM

years ago someone told me that kids in europe drink a glass of wine per day and that it is good for you. is this true? does it help your imune system or something? or is it just not true?
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: old wine fable - 09/11/04 02:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crash:
years ago someone told me that kids in europe drink a glass of wine per day and that it is good for you. is this true? does it help your imune system or something? or is it just not true?[/QUOTE]

I heard that it's good for the heart.

Re: old wine fable - 09/11/04 09:02 AM

Consumption of alcohol in moderation is supposedly good for a lot of things......particularly red wine and darker beers.
Another excuse for a pint of Guinness?
Why yes!

Tom
Posted by: laf7773

Re: old wine fable - 09/11/04 11:17 AM

For one it cleans out the kidneys. Would i give it to kids? Never. It's not necessary to drink a glass a day though. A single glass every couple of weeks or once a month is enough. It doesn't have to be alcohol either. Drinks with caffeine will do the same thing. Coffee, tea and soft drinks in moderation can help keep the kidneys clean. Too much can cause problems.

Re: old wine fable - 09/24/04 09:50 PM

Red wine is a source of constituents known as polyphenols, which are antioxidants.
Posted by: otobeawanker

Re: old wine fable - 10/01/04 04:58 PM

Armed Piker is correct. The Polyphenols do wonders on the body. Thats why myself and many others take the red grape seed extract supplement.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: old wine fable - 10/01/04 08:20 PM

Yes it can help but alcohol in young kids can hinder muscle and bone growth. The physical and legal negatives in giving a kid alcohol far outweigh the benefits.