how can i gain weight?

Posted by: Anonymous

how can i gain weight? - 08/16/04 10:49 AM

hey, i was wondering what is the best way to gain weight?
Posted by: CanuckMA

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/16/04 10:56 AM

Eat.

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/16/04 12:38 PM

i do eat,im even eating right now. i eat an eat but im not geting any heavyer. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG] whats the best thing to eat to gain weight???
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/16/04 12:51 PM

Go to a GNC or sometype of nutrition/supplement place where weight lifting supplements are sold. Try asking for some weight gain powder or something. Make protein milkshakes using half and half!
Posted by: CanuckMA

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/16/04 03:57 PM

How tall are you? how much do you weigh? Male or female? how many calories a day to you eat?

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/17/04 08:16 AM

Stealer,
If you are engaged in really vigorous training, then it will be harder to gain weight. If not, then what I did at one point was to eat more, more often-meaning that you should have 5-6 smaller meals per day, and also a snack right before bedtime.
But it should be good healthy food...not junk. I used to drink a huge shake right after lifting weights and drank tons of skim milk, etc.
but if the extra weight gain gets in the way of your training, then it will become counterproductive.

Tom

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/18/04 09:25 AM

If I get lyposuction, I will mail you what they take off me hahah

All I did was eat and play video games for 5 years, but now I have to lose it cause im fat =(
Posted by: laf7773

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/18/04 09:28 PM

For one you need to look at your age. Are you in your teens or early twenties? If so you may have a high metabolism that will make it difficult to gain weight regardless of what you do. Finding your daily caloric needs will give you and idea of what you need to take in to gain weight. If you are younger with a higher metabolism your daily needs will be much higher. Let's say for the sake of discussion that you are 18, 140 lbs and 5'8" with a heavy activity level (MA training would actually be a bit higher level). Your daily needs would be about 2500 calories a day. In order to gain weight you will need to take in more than this number. That doesn't mean go out and eat a bunch of junk food. If you continue to eat healthy while trying to gain weight it will be easier to shift to a maintenance or weight loss diet later as needed.

If you are in your mid 20's you may want to wait a bit before trying to gain weight. Your metabolism slows down as you get older, for some more than others. Look at your family. Did they start putting on a little more weight as they got older? For me, i weighed about 145 till i was 24. By the time i was 27 i was closer to 175-180 and now i have to work out in order to keep that weight. After a shoulder injury my weight crept up to 200 and took some work to get back down.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 08-18-2004).]
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/19/04 04:59 AM

In order to gain weight that will be of benefit you need to look at your whole programme.

For example if you are over stressing your body and/or mind, or you are in a period of growth (e.g. under 18) you will probably struggle.

Also if you are eating incorrectly, so make sure you are NOT eating the four white deaths: white flour, white salt, white sugar, white fat and make sure you are eating plenty of veg, fruits, nuts, seeds etc.

NO JUNK FOOD!
Posted by: 1st Round KO

Re: how can i gain weight? - 08/19/04 08:38 PM

5 second answer...

-heavy weight, low rep weight program
-low intensity cardio
-high protein, high calorie diet..3:1 protein to carb
-cycle creatine for 9 months on 3x3month cycles

i'll warn you though, its not a great program for MA...only for getting big.