jammed toes

Posted by: raccoon

jammed toes - 04/01/03 11:24 PM

no, not jam and toasts...

I jammed my toes in full contact sparring against elbows many times a year or so ago, when I wasn't that smart nor was I that good with front kicks. It hurt for a long long time. It still hurt to stretch it, and when people do ankle locks to me in ground fight, I almost always end up tapping out due to the pain in my toes, and I feel no pain in the ankle...

Is there any way I can correct this? Or is it permanent?

-raccoon
Posted by: millertime

Re: jammed toes - 08/09/03 01:07 PM

Does it hurt to curl your toes?(like a lunge)
If so I have the same problem
and its hard to take a shot in a wrestlling match
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: jammed toes - 08/11/03 04:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by raccoon:
no, not jam and toasts...

I jammed my toes in full contact sparring against elbows many times a year or so ago, when I wasn't that smart nor was I that good with front kicks. It hurt for a long long time. It still hurt to stretch it, and when people do ankle locks to me in ground fight, I almost always end up tapping out due to the pain in my toes, and I feel no pain in the ankle...

Is there any way I can correct this? Or is it permanent?

-raccoon
[/QUOTE]

I would see a doc about it first as the opinion I am about to give you might make it worse.

But in general a lot of people don't bother strenthening their toes and feet - strange really we do it so much to our hands and wrists and then we neglect what we walk around on all day!! Especially with the power that can be kicked with.

So, strenthen the toes and feet, this can be done by walking with the toes (pulling yourself along the floor with just the strength of your toes). Or maybe sitting down infront of the TV with some rolled up newspaper or a towel and squeeze it with your toes. Also strenthening the ankles with calf raises could help considerably, esp in different directions/angles.

Hope this helps