Dieting

Posted by: Jimbo

Dieting - 02/23/03 08:40 PM

Other than Garlic and vinnegar, are there any other diet foods you request??

Any supplements?

Thanks for taking the time to asnwer my questions.
Posted by: mikelw

Re: Dieting - 03/01/03 02:44 AM

Those don't work!. Get garlic extract can work. Use green tea extract with caffein, or get an ephedra based supplement (they can be dangerous so ask your doctor first.)
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Dieting - 03/03/03 09:50 AM

I'm told lecithin is good, never used it thought.
Posted by: bulletproofalice

Re: Dieting - 05/31/03 04:49 PM

There have been mixed reports on a supplement called Chromium Piccolinate. Some studies say it helps you lose weight, some studies say that it doesn't. I've never tried it myself.

Personally, I don't think there's anything more effective for weight loss than eating sensibly and exercising. Take in less energy (calories) than your body uses, and you'll lose weight.
Posted by: pod3

Re: Dieting - 01/12/04 09:59 PM

If restriction agrees with your metabolism, a plain apple as a meal replacement is said to have enough fats, sugars, proteins, and obviously fiber. A friend advises me that this sustains him through hard labor, but he does eat one square meal a day.

Martial artists living a monastic lifestyle say that one bowl of white rice a day has everything you need.

I have read that acidic foods make the body think it has done labor and improve the metabolism. That basic foods purify the body, thereby removing the need for fat as a buffer. And that neutral foods make your body struggle the least, allowing it to return to an optimum balance.
Posted by: 40+TKDLee

Re: Dieting - 01/14/04 06:09 AM

When I retired from the US Navy in November of 1999, I weighed 237 lbs (@6'1" tall). I was totally disgusted with myself and the way I looked. I started a new job immediately and started walking on my lunch 1/2 hour. Additionally, I started eating as a bodybuilder would, that being 4-5 small meals thoughout the day. Eating this way keeps the body's insulin levels fairly constant and prevents the conversion of carbs to fat, because the carbs are used as fuel. After about six months of walking I started a weight training routine and then started my journey in TKD. I now weigh 204 lbs and feel great. Your age will also play a role in how your body responds to any diet. The older you are, the harder it is to lose the weight. Also, I have not used any supplements except for multivitamins and vitamin C abd B12.

Good Luck,
Lee