Warts!

Posted by: joesixpack

Warts! - 11/15/02 01:35 AM

I have a disgusting, painful and awful wart cluster on the balls of my foot.

I can't train, it hurts to walk and so on.

Any tips to keep sharp? Keep them skills up? Or methods to rid them other than caustic paste, which hasn't worked, or spraying liquid nitrogen onto them as I think the dermatologist will, as I obviously don't have the equipment.

I can't see him for two months. There isn't another one for hundreds of miles. Should I see a podiatrist instead?

So far I have done blocking, trapping and punching sets, as much as I can do with essential footwork out the question, as well as locks and escapes. Any more drills for the temporarily disabled?

And for the doctors out there, would I be immunocompromised?
Posted by: theqwertyone

Re: Warts! - 01/23/03 05:06 AM

go to the doctor now!

don't follow my advice until you've talked to him/her. And then follow your docs advice and not mine!

You could try this stuff called Verrugon. It comes in different strengths (concentration of an acid) so you will need to talk to doc to find out which one.

Re: Warts! - 01/23/03 05:43 AM

I have seen the dermatologist, and I was given DCP paste, which as was explained, causes any affected area to become allergic, and the body attacks it, given that the wart is a "blind sopt" to the immune system. It should work within in three months. If that's all that is needed, 3 more months, I am happy.

It would be good to know about what supplements can boost the immune system, now that the body recognises the problem.
Posted by: StillWater

Re: Warts! - 10/11/03 03:05 PM

I know you went to the dermatologist and so I assume that you no longer need much advise on warts. In case you get another one however or for anyone else who has problems with them, I'll tell you what worked for me.

Salt.
haha its true. Good old fashioned dollar store salt. When i was about 15 i had not less that 7 warts on my hands and feet. Where they came from i have no idea but several of them were very painful.
After basically being stranded for 5 or 6 hours on a sand bar in the middle of the bay, (dont ask. just remember that having a boat is pointless if the damn thing wont get you back to land) i went home and noticed that some of the smaller warts were reduced in size or gone altogether.
I reasoned that it was the salt and so i experimented by putting a drop of water on a wart, then plastering it with salt and tried not to touch it until the salt fell off naturally. I did this every day (sometimes twice) and in less than a week the wart was gone. I then repeated the whole proccess on the remaining warts and i havent had a problem with them since.

[This message has been edited by StillWater (edited 10-11-2003).]
Posted by: Ender

Re: Warts! - 10/12/03 11:08 AM

If your really desperate, run a sharp knife through a flame (to sterilize), and dig the warts out.

Hurts like mother ****er but it does work.

P.S. I am not saying I do this, I'm just suggesting.

Re: Warts! - 10/19/03 10:55 PM

Ender, I did some crazy shit, I was desperate for them to go - inserting white hot metal into the skin - it had an effect but was insane pain.

It would not have killed them, these were the most extensive warts I had seen.

The DCP paste contains DCP and salicyclic acid. I burnt myself badly, on alive flesh, I cried, for six hours. I had killed of a lot of flesh. After hits, I applied the paste, with bandages, for two weeks without removing them. Quite disgusting. Deperate cause, depserate measueres...anyway, after this, theya ll rotted away,

My advice is if you use this, apply it very strongly, after soaking the warts in slatwater, and keep the bandages on for as long as possible. They will literally rot away.

I previously had DCA paste which killed the skin and watrs better than the acid from the DCP, to which the doctor would cut out the wart and apply more, but it didn't make the skin reject the warts.

Other stuff that works - paint, paint stripper, banana skin, "paddy" melons, small native (to Australia) poisonous melons.

Get rid of the little bastards as quick as possible - you don't want to give them your training partenrs.