Knees and Shoulders . . .

Posted by: Anonymous

Knees and Shoulders . . . - 05/23/02 02:15 PM

Okay, who out there has had problems/difficulties with the shoulders and knees?

I'm 18, and I've had problems from my shoulders for about a year. With my knees, about 3 months. I've quit bench press, squat, and running.

Any suggestions while awaiting my apoointment with the ortho?
Posted by: NAUMatt

Re: Knees and Shoulders . . . - 07/16/02 05:27 PM

I have the same problem with my elbows and knees. My knees have been doing better with a whole lot of slow, long steching, but I've found it's is MUCH harder to find streches for your elbows, though I'm working on it. Streching is my number one advise, and, as you're doing, taking it easy. A quick fix while training is tiger balm, which, due to a common lack of knowledge, can usually be found with the chapsticks at your local drug store. A friend of mine also got a liquid balm from his accupunctorist for relatively cheap. You just apply a drop or two from an eye dropper and massage it into your skin over the sore/tight spot. It works well as a numbing agent. Like I said though, those are TEMPORARY fixes, and in the long run will probably just make it worse, as you'll still be using your joints however you are already and just making the real problem worse. I suggest finding a good orthoscopic doctor or physical therapist to help you identify the real problem and get it fixed (which from my personal experience is always: "don't use it for three weeks"). That might save you a Doctor's bill. Hope I helped!
Peace and Love
Posted by: TheWayToGod

Re: Knees and Shoulders . . . - 01/28/03 08:53 PM

I have had trouble with my knees for about 8 years now. It's called Deteration of the knee caps, during football practice both of my knee caps poped out of place, ever since that time my knee caps are not correctly inlined with the knee joints. Training is difficult but, it's even more difficult finding a dojo that will train me. to many teachers are afraid now adays in the states to train the disabled. so I have found ways to help myself, streching is #1, there are great supplements on the market that are great for muscle and bone health care, coral calcium is also great, doctors can't really do anything nowadays without taking your life away in some form.