Trying to Gain Weight

Posted by: Brewer

Trying to Gain Weight - 07/09/01 02:23 AM

Hello,
I know that now days there is a concern over being to heavy but I also know that there are people out there who want to gain weight.I know because I was one of them.I went from 146lbs to 178 in about three months.
Your Brother in the Arts
Posted by: MrVigerous

Re: Trying to Gain Weight - 07/09/01 08:46 AM

Hi Brewer
Im in that boat.I'd like to add a little more bulk - what do you suggest???

Regds

Re: Trying to Gain Weight - 07/09/01 03:35 PM

Hello Mr.Vigerous,
I concentrated on eating everything that I thought a person trying to loose weight would stay away from.I purchased some NRG and some tigers milk,I would mix the two evenly.I also had a problem with my appetite so I would run before I would eat.This helped me build up a pretty good apetite before eating.After I ate I would drink my mix drink.There's alot of ways to make a malt or shake but here are some of the ingredients I use to use.Whole milk or substitute if you're lactose intolerant.Peanut butter,ice cream,whatever flavor you prefer,wheat germ,malted milk,bananas,eggs,If you decide to use eggs in your drink make sure that you use a biotin supplement,utilizing raw eggs uses up the Biotin in your system and you will need to replenish it.The peanut butter gets old real quick because it kills the flavor of everything else.You have to stay away from any type of foods containing alot of acid,like grapefruit,they will kill alot of the calories you ingest.Try to drink 1/2 to 1 gallon a day of the drink you mix up.I would drink a quart,one after breakfast,one after lunch,and then one in the evening after dinner and one at night before going to sleep.If you prefer to skip the one before going to bed it's fine some people have trouble sleeping on a full stomach.But at night is when your body does all of it's recuperating and putting on weight.If you decide to go out and purchase a weight gainer,watchout for the scoops,It'll say 3 scoops and the scoops inside the container are gigantic,you don't want to use up half your container for one drink,know what I mean.Good luck and if I can help you with any info just let me know ,I'm more than happy to help.If you would like a weight lifting routine we can set one up for you.
Your Brother in the Arts

[This message has been edited by Brewer (edited 07-09-2001).]
Posted by: MrVigerous

Re: Trying to Gain Weight - 07/09/01 07:28 PM

Thanks Brewer i'll let you know how its comming on.

Regds

Re: Trying to Gain Weight - 07/25/01 01:37 PM

Hey Mr Vigerous,
How's it going?I hope everything is working out.
Your Brother in the Arts
Posted by: BruceLee

Re: Trying to Gain Weight - 01/04/02 11:06 AM

Hello Friends,
Let me first begin by saying that in the following statement, I mean no disrespect to Brewer. MrVigerous, in Brewer's weight gaining plan as well as other plans, much of the weight that you will be gaining will be from fat. If you consume such a huge amount of calories a day as stated by Brewer, youre body will not by readily available to utilize all of the nutrients and will store them in fat cells. Lets take a look at your current diet right now. If you are a full grown male who excersizes, you should probably be consuming about 2,800-3,000 calories a day. If you are one of those people who have been skinny for there whole life or even one that has been heavy it is probably because of malnourishment. I apoligize Brewer, but I completely disagree with your statement that MrVigerous should be eating such a large amount of ice cream each day. If you tend to be a skinny person who can eat all the junk food they want and gain weight, than stop. Although they may have a lot of calories, they absolutely have no nutritional value. You have to eat NATURAL foods. This is true for anyone trying to lose weight or gain weight. Think about it, unless you have a body malfunction, there should be no reason why one would be underweight or overweight. Maybe you are not eating the right kinds of foods for your body type. My best piece of advice would be to see a reliable nutritionist. There are also programs on the market such as one at www.healthexcel.com which can determine which foods YOU in particular should be eating. Trust me, you should not have to eat terrible unhealthy food to gain weight. If you start eating nutritous, healthy foods meant for YOUR body type, you will notice that you will start to gain weight. Email me any questions you may have. Again, there is no disrespect meant for Brewer in my statement. Good luck friends
-Matthew

Re: Trying to Gain Weight - 01/08/02 03:01 PM

Hello Mathew,
I have to say that I did not get fat, as a matter of fact I was very defined,I ate everything in sight,but I also trained 3 to 4 hours a day and was in really good shape.Now if a person eats like crazy and doesn't train properly then there asking for trouble.If you train good and hard the fat that you consume will be burnt as energy,and the road work will take care of any unwanted items in your system like cholesterol.When you exercise hard, you clean and flush your system daily.The body is a very beautiful piece of machinery and will adapt to the amount of work load that you put on it.
Your Brother in the Arts