Milk and Roadwork

Posted by: Brewer

Milk and Roadwork - 06/06/01 05:06 PM

Hello,
I know that milk is suppose to be good for you but if you plan on doing alot of road work or are already doing it.It is advisable to stay away from milk.Milk will give you what runners call cotton mouth,where your throat gets alot of dry saliva and you have to constantly be spitting it out.It really cuts down on your ability to breath properly.Anyone out there with any other foods to avoid while training?
Posted by: Lothmir

Re: Milk and Roadwork - 06/21/03 10:06 PM

I'm sure you already know this, but be careful on your water intake during activities. It doesn't make your stomach too happy. Take it from a band nerd who has to march in 90 degree weather. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] Sorry I can't really help with anything else at the moment. Good luck in your training!

-Lothmir(Flower Jewel)
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Milk and Roadwork - 06/22/03 05:29 AM

Yeah you shouldn't drink really when training. Saying that it depends how you feel - if you are thirsty drink.

You should never feel thirsty - it means you are dehydrated and your pee should always be clear - otherwise you are dehydrated. So as long as you reach those criteria before training - you should be OK.
Posted by: Ed Glasheen

Re: Milk and Roadwork - 06/22/03 12:50 PM

I disagee with your water intake. Your body needs constant supply of water. When you are thirsty you are already starting to get dehydrated. You should drink at least a gallon of water a day. Yes you should piss alot to clean your body of impurities and posions. If you are worried about training, depending on the type of training you do, your body will shut down it's urge for bladder releive temporarly. Ed
Posted by: Ender

Re: Milk and Roadwork - 06/29/03 09:26 PM

Gotta go with Ed on this one, I know because I've nearly gone unconscious from dehydration during training.

Constant water supply is necessary
Posted by: UKfightfreak

Re: Milk and Roadwork - 06/30/03 10:48 AM

If you are fully hydrated before you start training there should be no need to take on water - but in the end this should still be up to the individual, if they feel like they should drink - drink.

But it still stands that it is better not to drink while you are actually training - AS LONG AS you are FULLY hydrated.