kenny florian

Posted by: hotrice

kenny florian - 10/07/11 10:59 AM

its insane that kenny florian has dropped down four weight class in his career. my question is if kenny started in the ufc at 185 and if so how did he go from 185 to 145. i know it didn't happen over night but he does not have a lot of body fat to begin with. i want to know if it was major muscle loss do to reduce resistance training or low intensity resistance training. i know intence cardio and strict dieting played a role but my question is about the resistance training aspect.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: kenny florian - 10/07/11 02:03 PM

Kenny was fairly bloated at middleweight, so there was a lot of room to cut:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/87473...-fight-and-more
Posted by: Dereck

Re: kenny florian - 10/07/11 06:16 PM

Kenny will be the first to tell you that he lost muscle mass and strength. The 185 lbs Kenny may not have been able to move around as fast as the 145 lb Kenny however if the 185 lb Kenny caught the 145 lb Kenny and hit him, it would hurt a lot worse.

Joe Riggs did this as well. Joe Riggs fought at Heavy Weight, Light-Heavy Weight, Middle Weight and Welter Weight; just not all in the UFC.

If I fought at my weight now I would be a Heavy Weight. I could easily cut if not lose a little weight to put me in the Light-Heavy Weight. And I'm sure with proper cutting and training I could make Middle Weight. Welter Weight would be a hard go but on a 5'8" frame; not entirely impossible.
Posted by: TeK9

Re: kenny florian - 10/14/11 03:07 AM

Anderson Silva walks around at a comfortable 220 between fights and he cuts down to 185.

Florian was a pudgy 185, he only gained the weight to get on the UFC show. I remember when I first saw him I was wondering how a guy with a belly so big was going to compete with other fighters who were physical specimens of being in shape.
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: kenny florian - 10/28/11 11:44 PM

http://cageradio.com/kenny-florian-fail-drug-test-takanori-gomi-fight/ if that's pudgy I'm morbidly obese.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: kenny florian - 10/29/11 03:02 PM

Unfounded; not a reliable source.