NO BS Dietary guide

Posted by: rjdunn

NO BS Dietary guide - 06/11/11 07:59 PM

Hey all, new to the forums, but would like to give a brief history and ask a question I've been struggling to find an answer to for awhile. My dad was a Boxer in college, and started teaching me the sweet science since i was eight. My eight year old birthday present was a pair of boxing gloves. I've loved striking ever since, and have evolved from boxing to kickboxing to an irreplaceable love for Muay Thai. To say i have a firm grasp of these styles is an understatement, but i realize there is a lot i don't know, and even more i need to learn. With that being said, here's my burning question.

My weak point in my fight game has always been a lack of knowledge in Nutrition. Overall Nutrition. I've been lazy in researching this, and now I'm ready to get a firm grasp. Now at 24, I would love to have an intimate grasp of this knowledge instead of having to ask my father/coaches/friends for advice and tips. I've tried to find some information on the internet, and the links provided on your fine website, but i'm wondering if there is a book for overall nutritional needs for fighter's or athletes, and possibly another book on specialty nutrition for fighters/athletes. Geared towards diet, supplementing energy for hard workouts, essential nutrients... etc etc. Any information would be much appreciated! I know it may be a tall order, but you guys seem like a bunch of tall people smile
Thanks in advance all,
Rob
Posted by: rjdunn

Re: NO BS Dietary guide - 06/12/11 09:33 PM

Bump?
Posted by: Matakiant

Re: NO BS Dietary guide - 06/16/11 10:03 PM

I suggest you look around here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/

Hope the link is allowed if not mods may remove and you may message me.

But go there and look around the Nutrition forum there is A LOT of information there and I myself look around there from time to time.. Body builders results depend so heavily on nutrition that their knowledge on the subject is huge.

You'll find information ranging from the basics to scientific studies, articles by nutritionalists & professional body builders, discussions between forum members etc.. You just have to look and read for yourself.

Just be aware that you should never expect to be as smart as a certified nutritionalist by reading up on nutrition on your own, you can reach a very good level of understanding which can help you improve physical performance and such through nutrition but a professional nutritionalist will be able to do more than you even if you are armed with a data bank of information.