need to lose 30 lbs

Posted by: BLKSHIN

need to lose 30 lbs - 08/11/10 08:41 PM

Hello, Im new here! I've been playin with my diet and excerise routine and Im tryin to drop weight. My training prior was mainly weight training and VERY little cardio. Now I want to switch gears and increase my cardio (endurance, speed, ect) and slim down. My diet right now is 1200 cal
breakfast
2 packets of oatmeal
2 boiled egg whites
v8

lunch
roast beef sandwich
2 slices of wheat breat
mustard (3 packets)
onions, lettuce and tomato (not sure the cals there)
v8

dinner
Syntha 6 Protein shake

My routine is MWF I do 45 min of cardio:
15 min on eliptical
15 min on bike
15 min on tredmill

Tu, and Th
I sprint for 30 sec walk for 60 3 times.

Id also like to point out that im currently deployed to iraq and its hot as hell and im drinking more water than i would if i was in the states. its like 130+ right now..
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 08/12/10 07:34 AM

When I was in Iraq and wanted to lose weight, I walked from my CHU to chow and wherever else I needed to go at the hottest times. That did the trick.
But in all seriousness, I never found the eliptical much use, I would just stick to the treadmill and bike. Mostly the treadmill.
Bump up your 30 60's from 3 to 5 or 6. If you need to take longer breaks to do it that's fine, just try to shorten them gradually and eventually jog as your break. Do those late at night on a long stretch of road because they suck on a treadmill (because of the gradual climbdown in speed).
I was on Talill and we had a half mile stretch of road I would use for those. I don't know what you do but we ran convoys so we were often active at night, especially towards the end so it worked out well. Try some of the p90x classes too, I know guys who swear by p90X for endurance and general fitness, even pt studs.
Posted by: ninpopo

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 08/12/10 08:59 AM

then dont worry my friend, sprinting (cardio) and lots of water will definitely make you slim down a lot, i would suggest swimming, but iraq..... Not a lot of water if i recall correctly lol XD
Posted by: BLKSHIN

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 08/12/10 09:15 AM

Thank you both for the response! I will try to focus more on running on the tredmill and increase the amount of sprints i do in the evenings! I was learning how to swim right before I deployed so I can at least float for right now lol! Once I get back to the states in 3 months I will pick back up my swimming classes!!
Posted by: Stormdragon

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 08/21/10 04:18 AM

Swimming is fantastic for weight loss, it's about as good as running, easier on the joints, and uses muscles besides just the legs so I definitely recommend doing that whenever you can.
Posted by: jerryshudson

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 08/24/11 02:02 PM

All those method you are using to lose weight are really very good. There are also some other effective tips that will help you to lose weight the fastest way :
1 Drink plenty of water
2 Do exercise and Yoga regularly
3 Take a balance diet
4 Avoid eating more oily and creamy food
5 Go for morning walk for 4-5 km daily.
Posted by: Miles125

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 08/30/12 03:16 AM

Take healthy and balanced diet to maintain your body weight.
Avoid more fat, fast foods, and junk food to lose your extra fat and body weight.
Along with weight loss diet you should also do some regular exercise to keep your body weight within your desired limit.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 01/19/13 12:17 PM

From September to now I have lost about 25 lbs. I'm eat every hour with very healthy foods; plus I do not eat anything with gluten due to allergies. And cannot express water; lots of water. My new career has us training 4-5 days a week for 2 hours a day with endurance and cardio as the focus. Prior I was doing "some" cardio which I thought was enough; it isn't. Admittingly I have lost some muscle as haven't been able to weight lift like I have been used to but the minimal fat I had around my waist is all but not. Running short distances. Running long distances up to 6 km. Running stairs. Skipping. Riding resistant bikes. Doing circuit training (weight and body resistant) that keeps your heart rate up. All of this has benefited me.

Hard? Hardest thing I have done in my life. I thought I was fit before even when I was doing TKD, BJJ and weight lifting but it is no where near what I am now. Being committed and having somebody push you and expect results; gets results.
Posted by: Melville333

Re: need to lose 30 lbs - 07/19/13 05:22 AM

Thanks for sharing.