Do you use acupuncture or something natural?

Posted by: Live Life

Do you use acupuncture or something natural? - 02/03/10 03:36 PM

I was wondering with so many new supplements out in the market, new sports drinks and what not, how many people really use natural ways of healing, post workout recover, or enhancement, in conjunction with their training? I may be a little biased because I am studying acupuncture, but I would think that in order to achieve your maximal potential one would look at natural remedies to really achieve a harmonious balance, both mind and body.
Posted by: mrlee

Re: Do you use acupuncture or something natural? - 07/31/10 03:29 PM

I suffered with plantar fasciitis quite bad in the past, particulary after kickboxing. I tried loads of different orthotics, pain killers etc. My father has had quite a bit of accupuncture I was always a bit sceptical about it but I decied to give it a go. Whilst I dont think it had an imediate effect I did start to notice a big difference in the pain level after 3 or 4 sessions.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Do you use acupuncture or something natural? - 08/03/10 12:00 PM

I tried acupuncture for a broken toe that wasn't healing plus a torn hamstring. I found the acupuncture ineffective. It was worth a try but not something I would do again. Ibuprofen, R.I.C.E. and time was more effective.

I'm for what ever works. If acupuncture would have worked then I would be all for it but for myself it wasn't. Nor have any other methods worked that were old school.
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: Do you use acupuncture or something natural? - 08/04/10 01:51 PM

I support natural methods, but with the caveat that people need to do some basic studying before they use things like herbs or supplements. Supplements have greatly improved my quality of life and ability to train. In the beginning I took them against doctor's advice, but I've noticed over the years that doctors have become more receptive to the idea and have even suggested some to me now.

There are good sources of information on the web nowadays, and I always recommend checking out several websites on a given topic. There might be some fine details that make a difference for you personally.

Kathryn
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Do you use acupuncture or something natural? - 08/04/10 06:26 PM

With Life Life having only posted 1 time and back in February, I suspect that this is a dead thread.