Elbow Pain

Posted by: LiLPowerhouse

Elbow Pain - 04/24/08 03:34 PM

My dad has been working out with me for about a year now and has just recently complained about elbow pain. he's almost 50 so I'm thinking it could be tendinitis. Any help on how to stop the pain?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Elbow Pain - 04/24/08 03:56 PM

1. rest completely for a week
2. Identify which exercises cause him direct pain.
3. avoid/replace those exercises when he returns to training
4. If the above doesnt work and the pain remains, off to the physio for rehab advice and proper diagnosis.
Posted by: HebrewHammer

Re: Elbow Pain - 06/05/08 02:27 PM

Hey,

i had tendinitis in my knees, i found out after a long hiatus from fitness. I tried to get back in shape and just running around killed my knees.

What I used, and what I recommend for your father to use on a consistent basis, is a dietary supplement made from dehydrated milk. I know it sounds weird but it actually worked well, its called Micosamine and it's specifically for promoting flexibility as well as joint function.

Here are some studies i dug up if you wanted to know about the thing you might put into your body, LOL.

Zenk JL, Helmer TR, Kuskowski MA. (2002) The effects of milk protein concentrate on the symptoms of osteoarthritis in adults: an exploratory, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Cur Ther Res 63(7):430-442

Hope this helps.