2 Questions about MY nutrition

Posted by: acornrevolution

2 Questions about MY nutrition - 11/08/07 07:16 PM

Hi. I am currently an American living in South Korea, teaching English. I also do hapkido 3x a wekk and muay thai 3x a week. So, for 8 hours of the day, I do a lot of sitting, and standing - not much moving. And then for 2-3 hours a day, a lot of excerise / traning (in my MA classes). I am 24, 5'5, 125lbs/58kg. What should my protein intake and carb intake be? This is just a prep question. My real question is:

Milk and protein powders are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE here. A liter of milk is $6 (there aren't many cows in Korea). Powdered milk too is very expensive. If I want to make a homemade protein shake, what can I use instead of milk or protein powder? I'm thinking a diet with a lot of eggs, chicken, and nuts (which will also be my cheapest option). The bigs foods around here are kimchi, lamyon (ramen) and pork, oh and every sea creature imaginable (but I dont eat sea food). I eat a lot of ramen here. It's cheap.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: 2 Questions about MY nutrition - 11/09/07 04:34 AM

If you want to get more protein in Korea, just eat more eggs and lean cuts of meat. Sure, protein powders are more convenient but if you eat 5 meals a day, you can get the protein from meat at a fraction of the cost.

Fish is ideal, but you said you don't eat seafood so this is the best alternative.