Swollen Gums and Energy Loss

Posted by: Kirky

Swollen Gums and Energy Loss - 10/10/07 02:40 PM

Anybody know some good ways to get rid of swollen gums fast and can I get some tips on getting back my energy since i lost it all through flu and vomiting
Posted by: Helen2005

Re: Swollen Gums and Energy Loss - 10/10/07 03:28 PM

Rest is always a good way to get your energy back after a flu. As far as swollen gums, how did they get swollen? Maybe you need to see your dentist. I use listerine, flossing, and brushing to make sure there is nothing stuck in my gums. This could be a reason they are swollen.

Re: Swollen Gums and Energy Loss - 10/10/07 09:56 PM

man when I woke up and started vomiting I thought I was gonna die my body felt like there was nothing in it at all.
Thanks for the tip Helen
Posted by: wristtwister

Re: Swollen Gums and Energy Loss - 10/11/07 06:27 AM

Swollen gums can be serious. If you have an absessed tooth, the infection from it goes directly to your heart.

I have a heart condition known as mitral valve prolapse, and I have to take medication before I even get my teeth cleaned because the bacteria goes directly to my heart. Take the suggestion to go to a dentist and have them take a look at your mouth.

If you've had flu or some illness that's causing you to vomit, it could be a reaction to the stomach acid reaching your gums, and it can cause all kinds of problems. See a professional, and gargle with salt water (don't swallow it).

Re: Swollen Gums and Energy Loss - 10/11/07 12:28 PM

man you people are like doctors thanks
Posted by: jonwade

Re: Swollen Gums and Energy Loss - 10/11/07 05:22 PM

I hope you get better soon. If the cold/flu persists make garlic tea. Take a few cloves of garlic, some cloves, pound them in the pan, add water and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain into a cup let cool a little, add honey and lemon (if too hot too much Vit.C is lost), and drink. Not nice, but certainly helps.

For gums, best bet is see your dentist. In the meantime, rinse your mout with salt water. Just take half a cup of water, add loads of salt, and rinse in your mouth for as long as you can stand it. DO NOT SWALLOW ANY!!!!