intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscles

Posted by: VietPanda

intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscles - 09/07/07 01:15 AM

Hey guys

Whenever I tense my stomach muscles, eg. for crunches, my intestines tense up too, like they do on the toilet
And no, luckily, I don't **** my pants

Is this normal, if not, how to stop it?

Thanx
Posted by: MastaFighta

Re: intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscl - 09/07/07 04:17 AM

That's your abdominal muscles tensing, not your intestines. Even when you're on the toilet, what you feel is your abdominal muscles tensing.
Posted by: Cord

Re: intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscles - 09/07/07 10:59 AM

No, what you are doing is relaxing your sphincter and your transversus, not tensing them during exertion. then, when you put a lot of effort into an exercise, you are allowing localised blood pressure increase in anal area. This bad technique, over time, will undoubtedly lead to heamorhoids, and in extreme cases, you can prolapse you colon, basicaly meaning your guts fall out of your a$$.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscles - 09/07/07 02:23 PM

Nice imagery Cord. Anyone ever see the pic of the power lifter who had that happen while doing a squat?

Posted by: VietPanda

Re: intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscl - 09/08/07 01:03 AM

Yeh, I've seen it...
*shudder*
One of the most disgusting things i've ever seen

So I should somehow try to not move the muscles in the anal area and try to divert the blood flow from there?
Posted by: Cord

Re: intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscl - 09/09/07 03:42 AM

Quote:

Yeh, I've seen it...
*shudder*

So I should somehow try to not move the muscles in the anal area and try to divert the blood flow from there?

Oh good grief, the things we talk about

OK. When take a dump, you use effort to 'squeeze' it out right?

When you need a dump, but are nowhere near a toilet, you use effort to keep it in right? You feel the muscles tighten, and you 'clench' your a$$ cheeks a bit right?

The second sensation and way of tightening the muscles of the abdomen and posterior is the one you should feel when you lift weights, not the first.

nomatter what, you should never hold your breath- when lifting or pinching a loaf. Dont want to go the way Elvis did.

Thangyu. Thangyuvurymush.

Cord has left the thread.
Posted by: Mandolynn

Re: intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscl - 09/27/07 03:19 AM

Quote:

Yeh, I've seen it...
*shudder*

Hmmm, you must not have been to the other intestines thread. And on that note, I would like to formally apologize for starting that thread. I had no idea the depths it would go. Thank god it is locked and will now die.
Posted by: Tarundeep

Re: intestines tense up when tensing stomach muscles - 07/01/10 06:13 AM

pi$$ off and take your spam colon cleanser with you.
Have a nice day.