Ju Jitsu Diet?

Posted by: mike707

Ju Jitsu Diet? - 07/23/07 11:31 AM

I have recently joined a ju jitsu class, attending twice a week. I am about 6ft and have always been very slim but quite fit and agile. I am wondering if anyone knows of a good diet (or at least what foods to eat more of or less of) to compliment ju jitsu to keep my energy levels high and my recovery rate good. The first couple of times I have been quite sore and stiff for a couple of days afterwards and feeling very worn out. Any recommendations?
Posted by: Viator

Re: Ju Jitsu Diet? - 07/31/07 04:31 PM

Man, I was hoping for a post about the Gracie diet.

5-6 small meals spaced throughout the day with good combinations of fruits, vegetables, and lean protein, modified to your personal needs based on your response. That's the standard athletes diet. There's a pretty good chance it's just the unusual activity more than it's your diet though.
Posted by: JMWcorwin

Re: Ju Jitsu Diet? - 07/31/07 04:54 PM

Yeah, I found when I started grappling that my gas ran out really fast compared to other things. You need alot of complex carbs throughout the day (especially b4 class) to keep that level up. Also remember to get some protein in you within 30 minutes after the workout.