SHAVING RASH

Posted by: crablord

SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 11:01 AM

ok i shaved really quick before with no cream, just water, i scratched the crap out of it because it was itchy now im getting red bumps that look like mosquito bites everywhere (legs)
Ive put half a tub of moisuriser on it, did nothing, and I put aloe vera on and its done nothing so far.

what can I do to make it go away or at least stop itching!??
im trying to sleep and its 1 am, (and yes i googled it to no success)

HELP
Posted by: clmibb

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 11:09 AM

Quote:

Razor Burn Cures & Products
If I were to suggest a particular product for curing razor burn, or preventing razor burn, I would tell you to use lotions instead of those fancy slap-and-burn aftershaves. Why? Because a lotion does what you need it to; it moisturizes, and usually combines a number of healing vitamins and emollients to ensure a smooth finish. Aftershaves pretty much do the opposite. The reason they burn is because they're filled with alcohol, which is great for killing bacteria, but not so great for your skin once the alcohol evaporates leaving whatever kind of animal [censored] is in your aftershave all over your skin. Yes, Chanel smells great and the price has convinced me that it smells even better than it probably does, but if I use it, I usually follow it up with a scentless moisturizer to sooth my screaming pores and prevent razor burn.

http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-razor-burn.htm

Casey
Posted by: clmibb

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 11:17 AM

There's tons of websites out there that gave other suggestions. Try to Google "razor burn" instead of "shaving rash". But after looking at some of the websites, it sounds like all that you can do is put on a bit of lotion and wait it out.

Casey
Posted by: MattJ

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 01:00 PM

Dare I ask why you are shaving your legs? Never mind - I don't want to know!
Posted by: Cord

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 01:12 PM

You were shaving your legs. How very 'modern' of you. Do you moisturise as well? How about a nice manicure, or a back, sack and crack wax? oh hell, have a brazilian- the ladies prefer a runway to a welcome mat anyday of the week
Posted by: MattJ

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 01:21 PM

Quote:

back, sack and crack wax

ROFLMGDMFAO

My wife is *snorting* with laughter over that one. And she doesn't snort in laughter too often.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 01:50 PM

If Cord hadn't done that I would have.

Crab, why would you shave your legs? Are you removing all of your body hair? I've never tried my legs and never will but I trimmed everything from head to groin. The only thing I shave to skin is my head otherwise I too would break out in a rash regardless if I used anything.

With talking to a body building buddy of my, he said that happened to him too, and yes he shaves everything from the neck down, and that in the beginning he did break out but after that your body gets used to it. My wife shaves her legs dry without anything and has no problems. It just takes time.

It looks like you are now paying the price to look pretty, but just think when you go to prom, your legs will look good in your dress.

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 03:57 PM

your all pricks.

its now 6 am and ive had half an hours sleep.
I hate you all.
Posted by: oldman

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 05:39 PM

Quote:

your all pricks.

Look out guys! He may just shave you too
Posted by: Cord

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/22/07 05:47 PM

Quote:

its now 6 am and ive had half an hours sleep.
I hate you all.

Up all night eh? well that explains the shaving, you had a special date. I hope it wasn't the first date though, a gentleman will wait for you- and your silky pins

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/23/07 12:16 AM

that was tough.
I nearly feel asleep in class.

It was shaving rash, then I had an allergic reaction to the aloe vera which sent it to the shithouse.
Doctor told me to use soap next time lol.

Quote:

Crab, why would you shave your legs?

It makes you look more ripped.

for the record I am straight
Posted by: Ames

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/30/07 06:25 PM

It also makes you look like a 'girly-mahn'.
Posted by: trevek

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/31/07 03:23 PM

C'mon guys, give him a break... he's straight and so is his boyfriend

I had razor rash once after a haircut (on my head) and the silly woman iused a dirty razor to neck-shave me. Damned annoying it was too.

Gotta admit, thinking of a chest wax. The manly black chest hair loses it's appeal when it turns white (except to another polar bear)
Posted by: Dereck

Re: SHAVING RASH - 07/31/07 04:55 PM

Not a big hair fan myself. I can barely grow in on the top of my head and why I shave it but having too hairy of a body I dislike. Thankfully I am blond and don't have much hair to worry about, and I don't have to worry like some about back hair as I don't have any. What little body hair I do have I trim ... hey baby ... it is all about the presentation. BUT I don't shave my legs, that is too girlie.