Heart

Posted by: menina

Heart - 06/29/07 06:06 AM

I would like to know if any of you have a heart disease... Lately my heart is working funy when I train. I am not the kind of fanatic hypochondric person. I know it is not normal for my age but the symptoms are there. I kmow that you are going to say "do not push yourself too much", I am already taking care but as I am not use to this, it is still being difficult to control

Sometimes I have this kind of attacks even when I am relaxed, typing on the computer...

I went to the doctor but thing is going bloody slow, I do not think I can get the "effort trials" in less than three months.

I am curious about if I am really having heart atacks... I am quite annoyed by my new condition and I would like ask many questions... so please, share your experience if you have one.

Thank you
Posted by: suda

Re: Heart - 06/29/07 06:38 AM

menina

i dont have any heart diseases , but after hearing to you , i got curious in asking you something.

did you have this heart condition even before you started doing tkd? or did it develope during this period?

also as you think tell me after you started doing tkd , do you think that there has been a big change in your daily routine than how you used to be , like you are more and more in to excercising and training like stuff?

i am no doctor but if you can tell me this , i will try to find as if what may be the possible causes for such behaviour in ur heart. anyway take care.i am sure you will find some gud advices.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Heart - 06/29/07 09:20 AM

My Grandfather died of a heart attack. My father had three heart attacks with the last one ending up having a triple by-pass; yes he's still alive. Heat disease is definitely a factor for me to consider especially when I come from a family who is predisposed to high blood pressure which I have. The only difference between me and my Grandfather and father is that I take care of myself. My father was and is a chain smoker. My father did not take care of his health and ate fatty salty foods. My father and other family members are alcoholics. My father was a very stressful person ... as am I.

Exercise is important but if you have a heart problems already ensure that you discuss your activity level with your doctor to get his/her go ahead ... and don't take that lightly. Know your body and listen to it and when problems feel like they are coming on then STOP. There is only one of your and you need to take care of you.

Take care of yourself.
Posted by: jpoor

Re: Heart - 06/29/07 10:08 AM

Let your doctor tell you what's up.

I get spasms in my esophagus that feel like my heart going nuts. Turns out it's from acid reflux. Scared the crap out of me when it first happened. Still does now and then, but with reflux under control, things are better.

Anyway, best to let the medical pros give you the answer.
Posted by: menina

Re: Heart - 07/02/07 04:39 AM

OK... I only can wait...
Posted by: Debsk

Re: Heart - 07/05/07 09:07 AM

You dont say what you suffer from but it sounds like irregular heart beat or rapid heartbeat (tachycardia). This can be caused bt simultaneous contraction of the upper, priming chambers of the heart (the atria) and the lower, main pumping chambers (the ventricles). In extreme cases Cardioversion is usually performed under a short general anesthesia, and involves delivering an electric shock to the chest, which stops the abnormal rhythm and allows the normal rhythm to continue.
I only know about this because my sister suffered from it. Seriously though if you are suffering for weird going ons in your chest...GO AND SEE THE DOCTOR. Dont play around.