Maximuscle Cyclone

Posted by: mrlee

Maximuscle Cyclone - 03/26/07 02:58 AM

Anyone taking or thinking of using this product? ive been using this for about a week and have to say im relitivly impressed so far, a short time granted but its the one protein shake that doesnt leave me feeling bloated or have an upset stomach
Posted by: Cord

Re: Maximuscle Cyclone - 03/26/07 06:45 AM

I have used cyclone. i didnt find it any better or worse than any other protein shake. The strawberry flavour tasted like it was predigested in the devils stomach and extracted with his bile in tact, but the chocolate one was quite nice.
due to the 'fuzzy' nature of 'scoop' serving and how the product has settled etc, it is impossible to substantiate/guarantee how much of the 'extra goodies' they say they put in it (creatine etc) you get each serving, and as with all maximuscle products the suggested serving frequency is on the high side to promote your rapid use (and re-purchase) of the product.
Personally, I think Maximuscle charge too much for what they offer in relation to the rest of the market. They do this based on high profile endorsement- Amir Khan, Bradford Bulls, etc. Effectively making them the UK equivalent of Xyience.
Not saying their stuff is bad, just saying cheaper products can be equal, and to not be sucked in by hype and big words in the adverts
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Maximuscle Cyclone - 03/26/07 08:50 AM

Cheaper products like?...

what about reflex any good?

Re: Maximuscle Cyclone - 03/26/07 09:24 AM

To be honest with you, the best bet is to shop around. All these different supplement houses do not own there own dairies- they buy their whey in bulk from the same source(s) and flavour it and market it how they see fit.
The 'great easy mixing'claims made by some companies is down to artificial additives, not 'triple super duper micro biological filtration unique to our labs'.

When it comes to whey supplementation you have two criteria to consider, and their relevant importance to you will factor in your choice.

1. Cost
2. Taste

1. If you dont care about the taste, and are happy to glug it down no matter how vile, then just go for what is on special offer, or even better, buy in bulk from the whey consortium. unflavoured, non-marketed plain whey powder. 40lbs used to be the minimum order. Add your own flavouring.

2. If taste and a packaging that makes you go 'ooh!' is important, then the world is your oyster. I like 'ON gold standard' cookies and cream because its yummy, but I use it sparingly as a treat, i dont have the cash to make it part of my daily eating regime.

Member 'Grumbleweed' has taken himself from a corpulent 17 stone couch potatoe to a crazy-lean 12 stone hardbody crosstraining freak on a heady combination of hard work, determination and Holland Barrets finest bargain basement whey and the odd egg and milk home made shake.

Protein is protein. Hard work is hard work. invest more in the latter than the former.
Posted by: Borrek

Re: Maximuscle Cyclone - 03/27/07 10:37 PM

Quote:

Protein is protein. Hard work is hard work. invest more in the latter than the former.

It cracks me up how much money people are willing to spend for an extra 0.1% gain from designer protein mixtures. of course 0.1% may be a bit generous

If there were a magic protein on the market that could give you a 10% gain over regular protein, everyone would know about it.
Posted by: mrlee

Re: Maximuscle Cyclone - 03/28/07 05:36 PM

Thanks for your replys, im a self employed builder and train about 4 times a week, i felt the need for a bit extra as its not always possible to eat the perfect diet. i liked the idea of an 'all in one' quick and easy in the morning and after training, i used to take creatine as a sup on its own years ago, but found i ended up taking protein sups aswell anyway. Yeah i find it expensive and ive only used it for about 2 weeks now, id say im about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the tub, and at £40 a pop i think its gonna be expensive. Previous to this i was taking an all in one from nutriscience or something (cant remember the exact name) but it left me realy bloated and windy, cant say i noticed much effect to be honest. Im pretty sure i notice differences already though from using cyclone, definatly cant train that bit more, hit harder ect etc, not saying ive turned in to some animal, but i feel moderatly 'better'

Re: Maximuscle Cyclone - 03/29/07 04:37 AM

Well, what works for you, works for you. It is worth considering the 'placebo effect' with all these things though- if a bottle 'tells' you its contents will improve your performance, then you train harder by default if you believe it, but we all have our psychological 'boosts' whatever they may be, and an enhancement of the mind is as valid as an enhancement of the physiology, so if you are happy and percieve benefit, then it is a worthwhile investment for you. Others results may vary, and that goes for any and all supplements.