Learn from my mistake

Posted by: MattJ

Learn from my mistake - 03/21/07 06:56 PM

So I have had a particularly nasty case of bronchitis for about 3 weeks. Stopped all training - weights, bag, BJJ, everything, to let myself get better. Saw the doctor, got some anti-biotics. Took them, started to feel better. Finished the course of AB's, and went back to BJJ last night, although I did not feel totally 100%.

By the time I got back from class, my bronchitis had returned, and today it is as bad as it ever was. Now I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow.

That's what I get. Learn from my mistake!
Posted by: Tom2199

Re: Learn from my mistake - 03/21/07 07:25 PM

Matt i feel for ya, that BJJ must be mighty addictive!
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Learn from my mistake - 03/22/07 01:50 PM

I feel for you Matt and have been in the same predicament. Get better buddy and drink lots of fluids and keep yourself warm. Let it run its course and make sure you take all of your antibiotics till the prescription is done even if you are feeling better. Then give yourself a few extra days to see if you are still feeling good and then take things slowly.
Posted by: jc4199

Re: Learn from my mistake - 03/23/07 01:00 AM

Wow man that sucks hope you get to feeling better.

I have heard that while and shortly after you work out hard you immune systems are weakened. That’s why rest is important.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Learn from my mistake - 03/23/07 07:54 PM

I once got pretty sick with the flu. 104 temp, the works. Three days later, I woke up and felt fine. Around noon went and hit the weights, got warmed up, did a few heavy reps and my spotter says "Dude, you're bleeding all over the place!" My nose was like a faucet, and I had never had a bloody nose in my life! Neither by flu or by punch yet there I was, like a geyser!

My spotter, who isnt the brightest guy, said "Man, are you sure you didnt bust a blood vessel in your brain?!"