Correct Nutrition for MMA fighter??

Posted by: dawson

Correct Nutrition for MMA fighter?? - 03/10/07 02:53 AM

I am new to MMA fight and a bodybuilder friend of mine has just work me a nutrition program just wondering if every1 thinks it would be ok for not trying 2 gain 2 much and what I do gain I want 2 be lean???

Meal 1 7am : Porridge Oars (100grm) 2 Scoops Pro Peptide 1 Banana

Meal 2 10am : EAS Meal Replacement

Meal 3 1pm : 200grm Tuna (in brine) Medium Jacket

Meal 4 4pm : As Meal 2

Meal 5 7pm: 175 Grm Chicken Breast 100Grm Brown Rice 100grm Brocoli
Posted by: Cord

Re: Correct Nutrition for MMA fighter?? - 03/10/07 08:49 AM

I would not rely on a supplement as a 'meal' to be honest. they are expensive, and not the magic ingredient in successful eating.

meals 2 and 4, I would be more inclined to have fresh food if possible, including some carbohydrate- you need your energy for fighting/training, you are not trying to be a bodybuilder.
Posted by: zanejake

Re: Correct Nutrition for MMA fighter?? - 03/12/07 08:30 AM

I think firstly, if you're mates a body builder, you don't wanna be following the same kind of diet as they are made for putting on muscle and not exactly for MMA fighter, secondly diet, training and preparation should be considered as a whole.

Rest of post deleted. Please notice the big 'NO ADVERTISING' thread not far above this one. Please look elsewhere for your $7
Posted by: Shadowtitan

Re: Correct Nutrition for MMA fighter?? - 03/14/07 03:40 PM

If you really want to be eating healthy and be eating the right kinds of foods for your goals you should try and get a nutritionist, althouge i realize that may not be an option. so mabey if you ask the other MAists at the place you train on what there diets are like it could give you some ideas on what you should be eating for your art and your health.