omg no way 300!!

Posted by: jc4199

omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 12:18 AM

This is two days out of my life. I try to eat like this but I am always hungry and if I stray I cheat big and often. 3 big Macs and still feel hungry

Monday
6:25 am Breakfast chicken sandwich 1 liter of water and a hard boiled egg 12 oz diet mountain dew
8:30- 10:00 am 1 liter of water
12:00 1 tin of tuna 3 slices of bread 12 oz diet mountain dew 24 oz water
2:00-3:00 1 liter of water
4:00- 5:30 1 liter of water
6:00 dinner 2 biscuits and a bowl of soup. 12 oz diet mountain dew
6:45-9:00 1 liter of water
9:00 hand full of baked lays chips about

Am did 15 push ups 30 crunches and stretching
Pm did 25 push ups 27 crunches rolled shins and arms.

Tuesday
6:00 - 10:00am 1 liter of water 12 oz diet mt. dew
11:00 am Bean burrito 1 liter water
11:45-6:00 pm 2 liters of water
6:00 Pm 2 chicken sandwich 24 oz water
9:00 pm handful of pretzels 1 liter water

Did not any exercise due to class tonight but missed class due to sickness in the family

I also have found that I crave salty foods over sweets

I got on a scale Friday night and found that I am closing in on the 300 pound mark I am 5 foot 9 inches tall. Pant size is about a 43. I need to do something drastic before I end up killing my self.

I like I said I am always hungry I am thinking about going to see a doctor about it.

Any thoughts
Posted by: UofM Shorin Ryu

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 01:15 AM

Quote:

I like I said I am always hungry I am thinking about going to see a doctor about it.

Right on the money. That's what doctors are there for, and he'll know what specifics you need better than anyone else here. He/She is also better equiped to tell you if your weight is a factor you can consciously control or not.

Things you can try without doctor advice:
Cut down (or out) on the sugary pops like Mt. Dew.
Completely cut out Fast Foods.

Others will be able to give better advice than I, but those are the "Red Flags" I noticed.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 01:29 AM

Things that jump out at me are that you have poor eating habits. Crunches and push-ups are great but for where you are in your life you need to work off the weight with cardio. I also question if you are drinking too much water?

I would go see a doctor and/or dietitian ... who your doctor may send you to. Take in less calories, cut out pop, cut out sweets and salty delights. Eat balanced meals that have plenty of colors and are proportioned properly. Never eat till you are full and if hungry then most certainly drink water ... but don't over do it as too much water is not good for you either. Never eat late at night. You must become disciplined and want this otherwise it is for not. Know it will be hard work and you will need to buy into it because if you are not then don't expect changes.

I feel for you and wish you the best.
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 05:00 AM

I don't see much in the way of fresh fruit and vegetables in there. Adding them to your diet will bulk it out ad make you feel fuller.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 05:54 AM

Definitely check with a doctor about this right away.

I'd say:
-Ditch the sugary drinks, the only thing you should be drinking is water (3 litres, roughly 13 cups daily). Instead of drinking 1 litre of water at a time, always have a cup of water by your side wherever you are and sip from it throughout the day. Ditch the junk food; healthy, whole foods taste better anyway.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/usda-weight-loss-tips.htm
-Get yourself into daily cardio for at least half an hour a day (wake up earlier if necessary and do it in the morning) and move to HIIT when your joints can cope with it. Do something you find fun, that way you'll stick to it.
-Buy a cheap notebook and use it as a food and exercise journal. Write down everything you eat from now on and monitor the calories of everything that goes into your mouth. Cut down on high calorie foods. Also, find out the GI of the foods you're eating and only eat high GI foods around the time you exercise. If you can, start a photo journal too. Take photographs of your whole body from the front and side, only wearing shorts, weekly. This way you'll know for sure that you're losing fat. Taking waist measurements is also a good idea. Don't bother with measuring scales, your weight is not a good indication of your bodyfat levels and you could be losing water weight, rather than fat when you see those numbers go down.
-IMPORTANT: Don't starve yourself, this will cause you to retain your bodyfat because your body will go into starvation mode and if it does, you'll put on all the weight you've lost through diet and exercise. This is the reason why your two days don't last, it's impossible to eat that little on a daily basis, given your bodyweight. GET REAL, eat a healthy amount for your bodyweight, at 300 lbs, you should probably consume something like 3100-3300 kCal daily to lose weight (this amount will reduce when you lose weight). Eating less than this is unrealistic will only cause you to retain your current bodyfat. You've got to learn how to eat healthily and sensibly. You can eat in such a way that you'll feel satisfied with what you eat and you won't feel hungry. Eating more vegetables and more lean meat is the way to go. Switch to whole grain (not "whole meal", "multi-grain", "stone-ground", "100% wheat", "cracked wheat", "seven-grain" or "bran") foods and cut your carbs down to approximately 30% of what you eat. I'd suggest getting most of your carbs through vegetables and oats (no sugar added).
(I got the daily calorie requirement from the book "Nutrient Timing" by John Ivy Ph.D. and Robert Portman Ph.D., which is roughly your bodyfat in lbs * 11 (for men) kCal daily)
http://www.healthcastle.com/whole-grains.shtml
-This is a change of LIFESTYLE. You must understand that if you change the way you eat and your schedule to exercise, it will be for the rest of your life. Many people have trouble coming to terms with this and that's why they end up quitting halfway to their goal. Don't let that happen to you, either you're going to change the way you live for the rest of your life or it's not going to change at all.
-Make an effort to WALK everywhere you can. I mean this, I walk 20 minutes into town and 20 minutes back every day for groceries, lectures, etc. If you can't walk, get a bicycle. Also, take the stairs instead of using a lift. Simple things like these expend calories which can make a big difference in the long run.
-Realise that this is a VERY IMPORTANT decision you've made to get back to a healthy weight and you are definitely right for making it. Do not go back on your decision no matter what, there are many people who admire this kind of decisiveness and when you do manage to lose the weight, it will reflect greatly on your character. Write down all of the reasons why you want to lose the extra fat on a big piece of cardboard and blue-tack it onto the wall opposite your bed so you see it every day when you wake up.
-For motivation, get yourself a copy of Oprah's new DVD and watch the "weight" section of the DVD (I'm not an Oprah fan but the "weight" section is amazing).

If you're serious about losing weight, you'll do at least what I said above.

P.S. I'm not a health professional, what I've said is based on my own reading and you should see a doctor about this immediately to discuss what I've said and what other people here say.

Also, please post us a REAL daily consumption, not some special sequence which you prepared for us. You've indicated that this is not how you normally eat. The only person you're fooling by posting these two days is yourself.
Posted by: Cord

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 11:05 AM

You are drinking a ridiculous amount of water in relation to your exertion. Also, just downing a litre of water is crazy, moderate both the volume and duration over which you take your water. Its a stretch, but you could be flushing vitamins, minerals and salts out of your system by the way you are drinking. a need for vit/mins/salts can create cravings- that is why pregnant women get food specific cravings, the body instinctively knows where to find certain nutrients and triggers your demand for them.

As for the rest of your eating- biscuits and soup? bean burrito's? your eating is attrocious. You need to get back to basics.

Every meal choose a protein, a carbohydrate and a vegetable from the following lists. Have lots of the veg, a good helping of the carb, and a slightly smaller amount of the protein. Eat 3 meals a day, evenly spaced, with a mid morning and mid afternoon 'top up' of fresh fruit of your choice. DO NOT count calories nor try and start on reduced portions, eat heartily and work on re-educating yourself on your relationship with food.

Protein.
skinless poultry/fish/lean red meat/low fat dairy

Carbohydrates.
Rice/wholegrain bread/pasta/potatoes

Vegetables.
Please dont make me type out what a vegetable is.

Dont add salt or sauces to your meals at all at this stage.

Yes it takes preparation, no it is not as much fun as wolfing down burgers; but if you want to drop from a 43 inch waist and have better health and self image, then its a small price to pay.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 11:16 AM

Quote by Cord -

Quote:

You are drinking a ridiculous amount of water in relation to your exertion. Also, just downing a litre of water is crazy, moderate both the volume and duration over which you take your water. Its a stretch, but you could be flushing vitamins, minerals and salts out of your system by the way you are drinking. a need for vit/mins/salts can create cravings

While I am not a nutritionist by any stretch of the imagination, I would agree with Cord that it seems like you are over-hydrating. Do you "crave" this amount of water or are you forcing yourself? If you are forcing it, you may be "flushing out" the very nutrients you need. If you crave this amount of water, see a doctor. You may have an underlying problem like diabetes.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 11:36 AM

Quote:

DO NOT count calories nor try and start on reduced portions, eat heartily and work on re-educating yourself on your relationship with food.

The reason why a lot of people over-eat is because they don't know how much is healthy to eat. Hence my assertion that he should at least come to an understanding of what a healthy diet feels like. Unless you happen to be on a healthy diet in the first place or have a dietician handy, counting calories can be helpful to most people, as long as they don't obsess about it. To each their own I suppose...

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/07/07 01:47 PM

Quote:

[
The reason why a lot of people over-eat is because they don't know how much is healthy to eat. Hence my assertion that he should at least come to an understanding of what a healthy diet feels like. Unless you happen to be on a healthy diet in the first place or have a dietician handy, counting calories can be helpful to most people, as long as they don't obsess about it. To each their own I suppose...

How does counting calories help further knowledge of healthy nutrition? feel free to explain.

If you eat a healthy diet, it will be, by default, lower in fat, and thus less energy rich (double the energy per gram in fats as in protein/carbs). the thread maker clearly has not got a firm understanding on the basic foundation of what constitutes balanced eating. Get the right foods in place first, make it habitual, and see what improvements come from this most important first step. Then its about adjusting portions if necessary once the basics are firmly in place. Changing your eating habits totaly is a huge undertaking, and requires concerted effort. At this stage counting cals is like stressing over the sound system in your custom car before you even have an engine. Its all about priorities.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/08/07 12:32 PM

Quote:

How does counting calories help further knowledge of healthy nutrition? feel free to explain.

It's a part of healthy nutrition in that your caloric intake should not be excessively higher than your caloric expenditure. Admittedly, you can still eat crap and take in the correct amount of calories, however eating too many calories is bad too. Hence, knowing how many calories you eat on an average day will help you understand what it feels like to eat for maintenance rather than overeating.

Quote:

If you eat a healthy diet, it will be, by default, lower in fat, and thus less energy rich (double the energy per gram in fats as in protein/carbs). the thread maker clearly has not got a firm understanding on the basic foundation of what constitutes balanced eating. Get the right foods in place first, make it habitual, and see what improvements come from this most important first step. Then its about adjusting portions if necessary once the basics are firmly in place. Changing your eating habits totaly is a huge undertaking, and requires concerted effort. At this stage counting cals is like stressing over the sound system in your custom car before you even have an engine. Its all about priorities.

Very good points. I agree that a healthy diet of whole foods is the way to go (I prefer organic where possible). Plus, it is way more difficult to put on weight when you eat a healthy diet. However, it is still possible to gain weight on such a diet if you don't know what are healthy portions.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/08/07 10:25 PM

Thanks all for the replies. I have started to reduce the amount of water I am drinking. Meal sizes are going to be reduced over time. And meals are going to be planed out better. Starting to get a cardio work out for at least 15 min ad hopefully going to get 30-45 min.

Going to see the doc some time next week.

This is going to be a slow and long journey but for the sake of my life and my family one I must take.

If it is ok with the mods I going to make this my eating habits and work out log. So if I am not posting here bug the crap out of me to keep me honest.

Thanks again

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/09/07 02:46 AM

Good for you for taking these first steps. Post aways.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/09/07 09:12 AM

Best of luck. Remember, every meal is part of an ongoing journey- if you mess up, dont think 'to hell with it, I failed', just resolve to make the next meal a good one. This is life long, and you will have the occasional treat, you will hit sticking points, low motivation and all manner of setbacks- losing one battle does not mean you give up on the whole war.
please feel free to post as often as you want here, and I would suggest getting a copy of 'Sly Moves' by Stallone. It is a great book that gives sensible no nonsense advice on both getting started with exercise, and also the mindset behind successful lifestyle changes. Far from a novelty celebrity book.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/10/07 10:48 PM

Wednesday
7:00 Am. 1Orange, 16 oz water Diet mt. dew
9:30 am 16 oz water.
12:00 am 1 can tuna 2 slices whole wheat bread. 1 apple 16 oz water
2:30 pm 24 pretzels 16 0z water
4:00 pm 16 oz water
6:00 pm diet mt. dew, chicken, baked potato, baby carrots.
8:30 pm 16 oz water 1 apple
Cleaned out pantry of all sweets

Thursday
7:00 am 16 oz water diet mt. dew 1 apple
9:15 am 16 oz water
12:00 pm chicken sandwich on whole wheat 1 orange, 16 oz water. Diet mt. dew
1:30 pm handful of sunflower seeds. 16 oz water
3:00 pm 16 oz water
5:30 pm chicken taco, handful of chips and salsa 16 oz water
6:00-830 pm 16 oz water
8:30 1 Orange
Karate Class from 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Friday
7:00 am 16 oz water, 1 orange,
9:00 am 16 oz water
12:45 2 chicken sandwiches 1 apple 16 oz water
3:30 pm 16 oz water 1 apple
5:45 pm chicken and broccoli pasta 16 oz water
9:00 pm ¼ cup sugar-free pudding
Got my 1st kyu tonight

Saturday
8:00 am diet mt. dew
10:00 am 16 oz water
12:00 pm diet mt. dew
1:00 pm 2 chicken sandwiches
6:45 pm smoked chicken breast, 14 baby carrots, Baked potato 16 oz water
8:30 pm 15 olives and baby 14 carrots
Took a good 30 min hike/hill climb it was such a great day out side.

I might have a treadmill by monday so I can walk run every night.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/10/07 11:55 PM

Ok, one thing that stands out is that you're not eating much of a breakfast. Make yourself a nice bowl of oats and milk in the morning with no sugar and you'll have more energy to deal with the day and you won't feel tired out and you'll feel less hungry throughout the day.

Do not drink diet mt. dew. That stuff is nasty and in no way good for your body.

Instead of the pretzels, maybe try snacking on nuts (no salt) or raisins or something similar.

Don't be afraid of sugary foods as long as you eat them directly before you workout. The sugar is utilised while you're working out, just don't go overboard with it. For example, eating a banana or some other non-citrus fruit before a workout is a good idea.

Congratulations on your 1st kyu.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/11/07 10:33 AM

Mountain dew is not a meal. Neither is a glass of water. Stop regulating the time of your hydration- just drink when you are thirsty, you are not a robot, so the times will vary dependant on climate and exertion. like sprite say 'obey your thirst'- but not with diet dew or sprite- have a fruit juice or water.

As Leo said, eat a good breakfast- it not only gives the foundation of your energy for the day, it also 'wakes up' and primes your metabolism for all subsequent foods in the day.

Cook up some pasta or rice in the evening, and portion it out into small containers with some olives and herbs. Keep them in the fridge and have them the next day in the place of the chips/pretzels/insert salty convenience product here.

14 baby carrots eh? live dangerously- try just dumping a load in the water without counting them- its a bit rock n roll, but you wont OD, I promise

Relax. The key to success is that your eating does not dominate your thoughts 24/7. You just get on with enjoying your life, and when you are hungry and or thirsty, you ensure that what passes you lips is not processed high fat food. It really is that simple.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/11/07 10:46 AM

I am not regulating my liquid intake. I start a 16 oz water and drink it If I am busy at work it could take a hour or two to drink. As it gets warmer my water intake will spike as I work in a hot metal shop temps in the winter are around 70f to 80f summer any where from 90f to 110F that is if I am not working hot. working hot is around 115f to 145f.
I have been keeping a note pad and logging times that I eat and drink. I could drink more I am always thiristy.

No Diet Mt. Dew thats going to hurt but I will try to cut back and then cut out.

Woke up early today looking foward to getting s good walk in today.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/11/07 11:33 AM

Quote:

Cook up some pasta or rice in the evening, and portion it out into small containers with some olives and herbs. Keep them in the fridge and have them the next day in the place of the chips/pretzels/insert salty convenience product here.

This is such a good idea I'm going to start doing this from now on. Wish I'd heard of this earlier. I always hate doing the dishes over and over through-out the day.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/11/07 06:49 PM

A very good idea is to plan your meals a day in advance. All you need to do is about an hours concentrated prep in the evening, and then forget about it, knowing that your food is there when you need it the next day. This way you free your mind from focusing on your eating 24/7. Eating healthily should become as instinctive and thoughtless as breathing. You should in fact, get to the point when to do otherwise seems alien. Achieve this, and no willpower is necessary.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/13/07 12:05 AM

Sunday
8:00 am two small Oranges water
12:45 chicken breast sandwich carrots and diet dew and water
7:15 chicken taco and salsa with baked chips.
Kind of a slack day did some walking

Made my lunch the day before and had everything ready made lunch quicker. This is more then I normally would eat at work but it better food and I ate breakfast
Monday
7:00 am yogurt water and an apple
12:00 tuna salad 2 slices of bread olives and carrots
6:30 turkey bugger with carrots

Good hard day at work got home and did 25 min fast walk.

Got on a scale today and am down about 7 pounds in a week most of that was excess water weight I think.

Thanks again for all the help

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/13/07 06:10 AM

Quote:

Sunday
8:00 am two small Oranges water.....
7:00 am yogurt water and an apple

You have got to give yourself a more energy rich start to your day. Cereal- doesn't have to be porridge, or some wholewheat toast, or anything with complex carbs and some substance to get your metabolism working. Better to have a hearty breakfast and a smaller evening meal, than the other way around- you need the energy for your working day, not for when you go to sleep.
Posted by: Joe7987

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/13/07 02:52 PM

Take it from a previous mountain dew addict. It seems like ya can't live without the stuff because it's just SO good.... but it's not as hard to quit as you might think.

I quit, not because I was overweight, but because I had started the martial arts and just wanted to be in general better shape. One day I just made the decision - No more mountain dew... at all.

I figured it was easier to completely cut it out rather than limit it, because if I limited it, I knew I would just be looking forward to that next mountain dew I could have, which would make it more of a treat and something I viewed positively.

So I quit. I craved it for about a week, and after that, I never had another craving.

I also quit fast food at the same time, but that's a whole nother story. I mentioned it because 6 months down the road, I decided that I had been doing a good job, and wanted to give myself a taste of my old lifestyle... so I went to McDonald's got two double cheeseburgers, a small fry, and a bottle of mountain dew.

That was the worst meal I had ever had.

As Cord said, when you get into a healthy lifestyle, it's all that seems right to you anymore. Some of the old things you used to eat just seem greasy and disgusting, and often end up upsetting your stomach. It's then that you realize what you were doing to your body on a daily basis.

I applaud you for taking the initiative. Stick with it. You're on the road to a better life.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/13/07 11:45 PM

Ok today sucked I felt like crud all day long. Woke up got ready for work and just could not do it. Jumped back in bed and slept. I think my wife and I are trading off a sinus infection or a cold. Did not have much of any apatite.

10:30 am Big glass of OJ and part of a turkey sandwich and water
12:00 ish more oj and water
6:00pm tuna pasta and wheat bread and water.
Lots of water today this medicine is drying me out.
I have slept on and off all day did not even try to work out or do anything. Now I can not sleep going to try a good 10 min brisk walk.

Would a once a day vitamin be something to consider? If so what do you suggest ? I was thinking once a day men’s health

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/14/07 12:42 AM

Yes! A once a day multivitamin is something I would highly recommend. On top of the health benefits, I also feel like I have more energy when I take a multivitamin daily.

I also take the Once A Day brand.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/14/07 06:54 AM

Yes I agree with the multivitamin. I would also recommend taking fish oil tablets (2-3g) per day, seeing as you don't seem to eat much fish...

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/15/07 01:51 AM

I do not eat much fish only a can or two of tuna a day. Tuna is loaded with omaga-3 I think it is any way.
Today I woke up feeling ill I went in to work any way. I started to feel better around noon. Doctor visit went ok have to go do blood work testing for type 2 Diabetes among other stuff.
7:00 am yogurt, 24 oz water, egg bagel.
1:30 Tuna 2 slices of whole wheat bread, apple, carrots, water
7:00 pm 2 chicken breasts potato, olives, and an orange.
9:30 pm bag of carrots

Got my tread mill tonight went for about 30 min in a range from 2 - 4 mph.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/15/07 08:29 PM

7:00 yogurt, water, two slices of whole wheat bread.
12:00 tuna salad sandwich, orange, carrots
5:30 pm fish and potato

Went to class tonight but did not feel all that great. I can not wait to start feeling better.
Planning on a 20 min run/walk tonight.

Thanks again guys
Posted by: JoelM

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/16/07 08:04 AM

Quote:

7:00 yogurt, water, two slices of whole wheat bread.
12:00 tuna salad sandwich, orange, carrots
5:30 pm fish and potato

That does not seem to be a full day's serving for any size of person. I'd say at most you got 1500 calories yesterday. You've got to remember that while eating fruits and veggies is really good for you, there's not a lot of calories in them.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/16/07 01:50 PM

Have you visited your doctor yet or have you looked into a dietitian? I know there are people on here that want to help out but talking to professionals will give you better direction and you will make some real head way.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/17/07 05:49 PM

Dereck and joel are right to be concerned- you are knee jerk reacting to your obesity and dropping your energy intake too much. on top of this, you mention that you are being tested for type 2 diabetes- this means that you may be putting yourself at grave risk by dropping your blood sugar level too low, and not having the regulatory system to deal with the fluctuation.

Whilst I aplaud your conviction, remember that you have chosen to do all this for your health, so acting in such a way as to put yourself at risk is the very opposite of what you are trying to achieve.

Just eat regularly, avoid refined sugar and await your medical results.

Better to be fat than dead.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/20/07 01:01 AM

3/16/07 Friday
7:00 yogurt, chicken sandwich, water
12:00 1 can tuna, 1 Egg hard boiled, mayo, pickle, 2 slices whole wheat bread, Apple, salad,
7:30 lo main noodles, sliced beef, broccoli, Spoon of hot braised Chicken
8:30 bag of carrots

Walked 10 min at a 4 mph pace.

3/17/07 Saturday
8:30 yogurt, bag of carrots, 3 hard boiled eggs whites only.
9:00 Walked 45 min out side.
1:00 ¼ hamburger, salad, mashed potato <not fast food>
1:45 walked 30 min mall.
6:00 Bean taco, salad chips and salsa, bag of carrots
Water all day

3/18/07 Sunday
6:00 yogurt, tuna sandwich
12:00 chicken sandwich, baked chips small bag,
7:00 chicken breast, salad, orange, apple, olives
Water all day
20 min walk

3/19/07Monday
6:00 chicken sandwich, apple
9:45 bag of carrots
12:00 can of tuna, 1 slice whole wheat, orange, banana
6:00 Chicken Breast, Corn, Olives and Noodles
8:45 bag of carrots
20 min walk

Feeling great eating a bit more then before sprained my ankle at work some how and hurts to run on it. No call from the doctor so test results must not be real bad..

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/20/07 06:33 AM

Quote:

Feeling great eating a bit more then before sprained my ankle at work some how and hurts to run on it. No call from the doctor so test results must not be real bad..

Type 2 diabetes is not 'real bad' if it is not insulin dependant, merely controlled by diet and tablets. Steve Redgrave is type 2 diabetic and he is one of the greatest ever olympians, in one of the hardest disciplines there is.

the thing is, that with diabetes, you would not be able to eat the way you are eating, ie. long periods between meals. You would have to adjust to eating smaller meals every few hours to maintain a constant blood sugar level. So whilst it may not be 'real bad', it will certainly have an impact on your life, and how you go about achieveing your goals.
give your doc a call, dont wait for them.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/22/07 02:53 AM

Went to see the doc today great news. I am just fat all of my blood work came back good. My good cholesterol was low 39 should be around 45 - 50 total was 160. He told me that I have a slow metabolism and I would have to eat less and work out more. He suggested a 1800 cal diet gave me a one week meal plan.

I was down 3 pounds form last week so I am off to a good start I hope.

Thanks again guys

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/22/07 01:52 PM

Good to hear and now get on the right track and stick with it. Keep us posted and I wish you the best in your conviction to get healthier.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/23/07 01:23 AM

3-20-07
7:00 am Yogurt slice of wheat toast and an apple. water
9:30 bag of carrots and water
12:00 tuna sandwich olives side salad. And a hand full of strawberries. water
3:00 ½ chicken breast and a slice of bread.
5:00 grilled fish , potato, green beans, apple. water
15 min walk before class
Great class today worked hard and felt great. We Spared in karate class and in Grappling we covered some basics and rolled for about 15 mins. After class we rolled for another hour or so.

3-21-07
Sore as heck
7:00 bagel, water, and an orange.
9:30 bag of olives water
12:00 1 slice of pizza, apple, carrots and corn. water
7:00 grilled chicken salad water and 2 slices of bread. Orange
30 min tread mill

3-22-07
7:15 chicken sandwich, apple, and carrots, water
12:00 salad, olives, chicken breast, water
2:30 yogurt smoothie
8:00 chicken parmesan, noodles, bread. Man it was hard to not over eat at this meal.
35 min walk after class tonight.
Class tonight was great all Grappling all night long rolled hard for about an hour.

3-23-07
7:00 chicken wrap, water berries
9:30 yogurt smoothie
12:00 tuna salad apple and olives and carrots
7:00 Chinese food it is going to be hard but I will be ok..
Water all day.
Posted by: aikiuke

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/23/07 02:00 AM

Hmmm... What do you think you are doing! eating healthier than me... gosh... people these days...

lol, sorry, just had to say something. Not that I eat that healthy or anything, but I try.
Keep up the good work!

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/25/07 10:34 PM

Saturday 3-24-07
8:30 am yogurt water
10:00 bean and chicken tacos (2) chips and salsa, water
3:00 100% beef hot dog whole wheat bun carrots, salad
Busy day out running earns and stuck in the auto shop.
Did get 30 min on the tread mill

Sunday
3-25-07
8:30 sliced ham, egg, whole wheat toast
11:45 2 slices pizza water
7:30 ground turkey burgers and salsa

30 min walk tonight.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/29/07 11:55 PM

Monday
3/26/07
7:00 Whole wheat bagel, yogurt, water
12:00 tuna salad sandwich, carrots, water, apple, orange,
7:00 Chicken tacos 2, beans, water, salad

Walked 45 min outside
Treadmill 15 min

Tuesday
3/27/07
7:00 Whole wheat bagel, yogurt, water
12:00 Tuna salad sandwich, salad, olives, apple, water
7:00 Chicken pasta, water
Class spared 12 rounds
Treadmill 15 min

Wednesday
3/28/07
7:00 yogurt, water, apple
9:30 whole wheat bagel,
12:00 chicken pasta, salad, water, apple, banana
7:00 turkey burger on whole wheat bun. Salad, olives, hard boiled egg, water

Thursday
7:00 Bagel, apple, carrots
9:30 yogurt
12:00 tuna salad, water, carrots, apple, orange
No class tonight.
Treadmill 45 min

I think I am sliming down a bit but I could just be me.
have not got on a scale in a few days was planning on waiting on doctors visit next month.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 03/30/07 06:20 AM

I'm impressed by your dedication to eating so little but please consider eating a bit more than you are at the moment. You can eat more than that (a whole meal more) and still lose weight comfortably without any problem. Eating significantly less will not cause you to lose fat any faster than you would with 100-200 calories less than maintenance levels. Plus with this little calories, your body will not have enough energy to exercise effectively and will have more difficulty losing weight as a result...

Also you're still eating unhealthy stuff like pizza, turkey burgers and hot dogs, while you may lose weight by eating like this, you will just put it back on when you return to a healthy weight and start eating normal portions again because of the unhealthy foods you eat.

This kind of diet CAN NOT LAST. Please think about eating healthy foods which come from whole ingredients, such as chicken, meat, whole vegetables and fruit! If you're so dedicated to losing weight, put that effort and willingness into preparing your own food with real ingredients!

Once you switch to a healthy diet, you will find it easy to lose weight and you will also have much more energy to exercise.

Quote:

3-20-07
7:00 am Yogurt slice of wheat toast and an apple. water
3:00 ½ chicken breast and a slice of bread.
5:00 grilled fish , potato, green beans, apple. water
15 min walk before class
Great class today worked hard and felt great. We Spared in karate class and in Grappling we covered some basics and rolled for about 15 mins. After class we rolled for another hour or so.

Here you have the right idea, the day after you met up with your doctor. Keep eating this kind of food and you'll feel fit and energetic and be able to exercise effectively.

Consider the kinds of stuff which goes into the kinds of food you eat:

http://www.alnyethelawyerguy.com/al_nye_the_lawyer_guy/2007/03/so_what_really_.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKcd4-IRsBk
http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=0#Post15929005
http://www.rense.com/general7/whyy.htm

Re: omg no way 300!! - 04/04/07 09:30 PM

Friday
2/30/07
7:00 Bagel, yogurt, orange, water
9:30 chicken sandwich, water
12:00 tuna salad sandwich, apple, carrots, olives
3:30 bag of carrots
7:00 chicken sandwich, potato, green beans
Walked for 1 hour

Saturday
2/31/07
7:30 ham, 2 eggs, wheat toast, yogurt
1:00 turkey sandwich, 2 egg whites, diet soda, carrots
7:45 meatloaf mashed potatoes, corn. Brolicc
Walked 45 min

Sunday
4/1/07
7:00 yogurt, bagel,
10:00 yogurt, chicken breast.
2:00 chicken tacos, chips and salsa
7:00 Philly cheese stake sandwich, apple orange and olives
Walked 2 hours

Monday
4/2/07
7:00 yogurt, bagel, orange
12:00 yogurt, chicken, carrots, olives, apple
7:00 chicken sandwich, salad
Walked 45 min
Trimmed grass 2 hours

Tuesday
4/3/07
7:00 yogurt, bagel, water, apple
9:30 chicken sandwich, orange,
12:00 turkey sandwich, carrots, olives, yogurt.
7:00 ham sandwich, water, olives, banana
Got a major sinus cold and went to bed early

4/4/07
Wednesday
7:30 yogurt, bagel, water,
12:00 chicken sandwich, carrots, olives, apple, side salad.
7:00 Roast beef sandwich, applesauce, carrots, green beans.
Felt like crap all day and drank lots of water.
Walking 45 min on tread mill.
Got my copy of “Sly Moves” today going to start it tonight after my walk

Re: omg no way 300!! - 04/05/07 07:23 AM

Definitely looking better. Keep up the good work!

Re: omg no way 300!! - 04/11/07 12:51 AM

Lost a few days notes and totaly blew it last weekend

4/10/07
Tuesday
yogurt apple and toast
tuna sandwich carrots orange
rosted pork green beans

Re: omg no way 300!! - 04/11/07 04:56 PM

Good job so far, Jason. Keep it up!

Re: omg no way 300!! - 04/22/07 01:42 AM

Thanks Matt and everyone. I have not slacked off Just not sitting at the computer that much any more. Lately I have avraged at least 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 min on the tread mill. and down in the 260's

Re: omg no way 300!! - 04/22/07 03:49 AM

Excellent work Jason and keep it up.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 04/22/07 02:00 PM

It's so good to see you taking good care of yourself man. Your effort is outstanding. Keep it up!

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/01/07 04:40 PM

How's it going? It's been a little while since we've heard from you. Just wanna make sure you're sticking to it..

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/02/07 07:26 PM

I am still here I have packed up the treadmill for the move. Moving sucks. I cant wait to get in the new house though can set up my weight benches and realy start going hard at it again. For right no I am just watching what I eat and trying to make it to class a few times a week.

My jeans are starting to get big so something is working.

Thanks guys for keeping me on track.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/02/07 10:40 PM

awesome man. It's good to hear that you're still going strong.

FA is your support group!

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/04/07 12:41 AM

Jumped on the scale today at work in my work clothes and was at 260. ( I am guessing I am around 257 in my shorts) for about the last 3 weeks my menu has been almost the same.

7:00 yogurt, bagel, water, small piece of fruit
9:30 chicken sandwich or turkey sandwich ( not lunch meat), fruit
12:00 Tuna, 1 Egg white, carrots, olives, yogurt or a fruit.
Dinner is normally what ever the wife makes up. I have been eating a small small dinner the have a snack ( ( yogurt, fruit, or, carrots,) right before I work out.

Like I said I have not been working out much but I am getting a bit more of a work out at work. ( using the lift truck less and carrying stuff by hand more.) I think Cord would love my Job tons and tons or steel to move push pull hammer and all around manhandle
Posted by: Al_Fernz

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/04/07 04:00 AM

Good stuff! Great to hear you're making progress.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/07/07 10:37 PM

Today was not too bad of a day I was up early and made it into work almost 45 min early. So I got to take a few laps jogging around the park. Day went great until lunch they brought in PIZZA. I was good thought only a half of a slice. Took another run after work still cant run as far as I would like but I can get a ¼ of a mile in with out stopping with knee pain.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/07/07 10:51 PM

You were able to limit yourself at half of a slice of pizza? I'm not gonna lie dude.. that's impressive. lol. Props to you my friend.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/07/07 11:02 PM

It was a huge slice trust me even b4 I started to watch what I could eat I could only eat a slice and a half. But yum meat ball pizza with provolone, Mattozallra, and pepper Jack, cheese and a spicy sauce with a big inch thick crust.

And to think the slimiest guy in the shop downed 3 full slices and had cake as well. Lucky Basted he is.

But Fit feels better the pizza taste.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/08/07 07:46 AM

Great job, Jason! Nice progress you are making there.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/08/07 05:44 PM

Quote:

But Fit feels better the pizza taste.

Aint that the truth.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/14/07 10:51 PM

Crapola. One bad weekend and I am set back a few weeks. Moving sucks Dont have cooking supplys had to eat out. Did ok on sat but sunday took its toll. I plan on working more cardio this week. I might be down but not out. Just kills me that I sliped up.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/14/07 11:07 PM

It happens every now and then. Just do your best to make up for it.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/24/07 11:52 PM

Got moved in still living out of boxes now. Planing on setting up the gym this weekend hope to start soon.
Eating has been good sticking to tuna and chicken and yougert.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 05/30/07 03:32 PM

Awesome. Got that gym set up yet?

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/01/07 12:25 AM

Not yet thats this weekend project after my list of about 10000000000000000 honey-dos. Did Fill up my wave master. Went a few rounds with it tonight.

Eating is still a bit wonky due to not having everything unpacked.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/01/07 11:18 PM

Ok here goes havent posted a meal day in a while.
5:45 Yogurt slice of wheat and an apple. water
3:00 chicken breast and a slice of bread.
5:00 grilled tuna , baked potato, green beans, orange. water
Its grtting hot and I am finding my self slip back into too much water.

what do you think about Vitamin Water
www.glaceau.com

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/02/07 02:59 PM

I still havent tried Vitamin Water. I always tell myself I'm going to try it, but I never do. I can't imagine it'd really be worth the extra money over free water, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

Quick question, How do you feel since you began this thread? Do you feel any better? Are you making progress? Are you happy with how it's turned out so far?

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/02/07 03:40 PM

Quick question, How do you feel since you began this thread? Do you feel any better? Are you making progress? Are you happy with how it's turned out so far?

I am mostly happy with the way this thread the only thing I wish is I could update it more like I did when I first started it. I am making some progress whitch is making me feel better.

One thing I do know is my eatingis better when I do daily logs. I plan to start posting every day again.

Best thing is the support I get here it is hard to find a better support core.

Thanks again
Jason

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/05/07 06:00 PM

I don't mean about this thread. I mean... how do you feel since you began eating healthier and exercising regularly? Do you notice a difference in energy levels, mood, anything like that? Are you happier with the way you look / feel?

And I'm glad we can be here to help support you. But realize that in the end, you're still the one doing all the work. You're the one who's putting in the effort to better yourself and you should be proud of that. Keep at it man. You're doing something that many people don't have the self control to do.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/06/07 12:55 AM

I feel Great nut I also have days where I feel I have not done Enough. Some days it like its natural and some days I have to drag my self to work out, walk, or what ever is planed for that day.

Then the days I fail to eat right or just can’t force my self to do anything hurt I feel like crap and the next day I try to over do it.

Also most of the people around me think I am nuts to be trying to get into shape and are no support and some/most of the time a hindrance. And that makes me feel alone and that it not worth it.

But today I had a great day good cardio bag work and some walking.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/15/07 10:55 PM

Dude, you're doing a great job. Ignore those people who think it's not worth it. You're doing a really good thing for yourself and I know we're all proud of you here. Just keep up the good work.

The thing that separates you from those around you is the fact tha even on those days where it doesnt feel natural, you DO still push yourself to work out, to eat healthy, and to generally just take care of yourself.

Keep it up... seriously. It's worth it.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/16/07 02:18 AM

This week I keep the same diet all week
am Yogurt orange, Whole wheat bagle.
am snack was a bag of baby carrots
lunch two tins of tuna and a dab of mayo. Apple and slice of wheat bread.
dinner was turket and pasta

Felt great all week even thought it is getting hot here.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/16/07 09:01 AM

Keep it up, my friend. If you are getting the results you seek, then it's worth it.
Posted by: Al_Fernz

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/16/07 02:52 PM

Quote:

Felt great all week even thought it is getting hot here.

Sounds like you're losing a fair amount of bodyfat then. Otherwise you would really suffer from the heat. Good stuff.

Keep it up mate. Your dedication is inspirational to everybody, regardless of goals!

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/17/07 12:50 AM

Quote:

Keep it up mate. Your dedication is inspirational to everybody, regardless of goals!

I couldnt agree more.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 06/20/07 01:19 AM

Dang it finally got time to set up my home gym and have lost the instructions on how to put it together they have to be here some where.

I did get in 10 rounds on the bag though.

Am
got up late ate a slim fast meal bar and 2 apples

tuna sandwich for a snack at around 10:30
smoked chicken for lunch with carrots and broccoli
dinner was beef and broccoli take out

Re: omg no way 300!! - 07/05/07 12:34 AM

Wow what a week got back to class after a month off. Felt good worked hard.

Eating is back to tuna for lunch and chicken for most dinners. Yogurt of snacks or veggies. Monday I am going to start a 16 week work out program including weight lifting and cardio and Karate and Kick boxing classes.

Re: omg no way 300!! - 07/13/07 12:37 AM

Am proud of my self have done good all week long with my eating. Started working out with weights Monday and keeping a log in the strengthening forum.

good times

Re: omg no way 300!! - 07/13/07 08:40 AM

Good to see you're back on target. Keep up the good work.