Nutrition for staying fit

Posted by: ninja_x

Nutrition for staying fit - 02/22/07 03:54 PM

I am doing some light training and would like some feedback on some healthy eating habits.

For starters,
I wake up at 4:00am for breakfast
2 bowlss of oatmeal with 1 apple(sliced)
take a nap
6am drink tea

Lunch I have a protein shak, GNC whey protein mixed with 20 oz of milk.

Dinner I have a regular meal

before I sleep I take 1 cup of muscle milk for overnight.

These are my meals, sometimes they change, but I try to keep them constant. I also take supplements

GNC multivitamin
oscal Calcium 500mg
saw palmetto
fish oil
flaxseed oil
lutein

Any opinions and/or feedback would be appreciated

Thanks.
Posted by: Leo_E_49

Re: Nutrition for staying fit - 02/23/07 07:17 AM

Looks good for if you're that dedicated but most of us aren't. Don't worry about mixing it up a bit as long as you're keeping track of your calories, protein, etc. For example, you could have a banana with breakfast instead of an apple once or twice a week for a bit of variety. This will keep you from getting bored with your diet and you'll be more likely to stick to it.
Posted by: Xacklir

Re: Nutrition for staying fit - 03/07/07 01:23 PM

hey, I am kind of new to the whole eating healthy thing. im 5'5 177 pounds.. I have a little extra baggage lol but nothing drastic.. can see a four pack standing/flexing.. anyways.. like I said I am new to this but to me that seems like your not eating enoough.. other then the 2 bowls of oatmeal in the morning, and maybe your regular meal at night. As for the suppliments, what are they for/do? (sry for being a n00b lol)
Posted by: govt_issued

Re: Nutrition for staying fit - 03/10/07 02:42 PM

I'm no expert either, but it really seems like you're not eating a lot.

Congrats on all the supplements though, I have a hard time just choking down my chewable centrum multivitamin every day. I've started to figure out ways to make myself like the protein shakes fortuantely or that would never work.
Posted by: aikiuke

Re: Nutrition for staying fit - 03/18/07 09:58 PM

Just a noob question, but what is the significance of waking up at 4, eating and going back to sleep?