yams for creatine and main dietary carb..

Posted by: BloomingLotus

yams for creatine and main dietary carb.. - 02/13/07 06:53 PM

I just did a quick google search on this because over the weekend just past, I went to stay with my mother for a few days. We are from portugual and the small asian islands ( polynesia). On those islands, their diets are made up mainly of ( steamed / dried / boiled and ground baked )meats and tubas and fruits and crushed and powdered legumes etc ( and more adultly typically traditionally of bitter roots and seriously potent shots of homemade vegetable spirits to aid digestion aswell) .
Eating like that at my mothers recently, particularly a 'bread' ,made only of boiled and mooshed yams/sugar and coconut cream then wrapped in foil and baked to a small heavy sweetloaf ( crunchy on the outside and almost but not wet and smooooth inside... also eaten with savoury dishes btw ) .. It occured to me as I shared my plate with my 6 mth old nephew ( lol @ that btw.. waas cute:D ) and watched his reaction and response and felt it all metabolise in myyself that with say a either cool water or a light taurine type formular.. that it felt like creatine.
I only really ate that at the time because I needed the carb and i realised that those lean ripped muscular island warrior men of way back used to live sOley on this type of diet..

I'm not reeally into breads or things and usually keep complex carbs from anything but fruit or veg under 10 or 15 ish max every day ( bar each 4 ( when pon thiis plan I might do say.. 3 small slices dipped or sitting or in a saucer of pineapple juice or eaten with + protein shake or a meat and light tauriney hit ..and maaybe X 2-3 serves over the day for a good load in extreme workload times??:D ( pineapple being so effective to max carb uptake with a cool clear fluid) to keep from deep keytogenisis but as low as 5 grammms of other complex carbs sometimes ( keeping in mind how huuge lean and bulked some of those old school island warriors are eating like this and where to actually gettt a grain out there old school i'm really not sure ( ) besides ..maybe... they crushed other things than wheat ( and yes rice wasn't tOttally unheard of on some islands ) and used thoose as 'flours' instead .. ) if I can get enough fruit or the right veg combos to cover me ), but thinking I should probably come up with sommething a little more tight for carbs that's less scary for others to witness or be sold to better health with, I'm just wondering, if Ii were to use yam ( co-incidently with coconut cream and awwwesome fertilty prolonging monthly eostrogen hit on an otherwise reallly no to low fat intake at all.. being fml and kind of liking the idea of staying fertile and ovulating should I decide I need to be), as my main carbohydrate .. without really doing grains so much as whey protein shakes fruits vegies and juices ( egg whites daily andwith or without an occasional meat or fish) if anyone could see a major problem I can't atm?? Mostly-White people or mostly latent folks and o bread and pasta fan type people freak out on me about this alll the time. It 'd be nice to not only pacify them but give them something they can use to improve their most typically imo really bad health.

( remembering the point is creatine and carb so much as DHEA) These are the links I came up with this morning

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=yams+for+creatine%3F&meta=

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_1_21/ai_98542702

Being I'm a girly and approach these things slightly differnt to most of you men, but would really like to come up with something offaeyedly sellable ( for freee btw ) that you might support , I would really appreciate your input should you have any.

Thankyou.

Blooming Lotus.
Posted by: Cord

Re: yams for creatine and main dietary carb.. - 02/14/07 12:25 PM

Quote:

but would really like to come up with something offaeyedly sellable ( for freee btw ) that you might support , I would really appreciate your input should you have any.

I am not entirely sure what the above quote means? Are you looking to create a supplement based on the nutritional benefit of yam, and market it specificaly at the female athlete? If so, you need to employ the services of a biochemist, at some considerable expense, and then market what, if anything, you have developed.

The 'lean ripped muscular warrior men' of polynesia that you refer too were nothing of the sort. Polynesian aesthetic revolves around carrying a great deal of bodyfat. Polynesian genetics do indeed allow for the growth of a muscular physique (just look at the NZ All Black, and Samoan Rugby teams), but that only becomes prevalent with modern eating and sports training methods. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has said on many occasions that he has to work his butt off to keep lean because of naturaly endomorphic tendencies.
The traditional diet combined with natural physical tendencies of the polynesian male combine to create a physique that your average gym user would not happily aspire to.

Yams are a valid source of complex carbs, but are not a 'secret' in the quest for a hot bod.
Posted by: BloomingLotus

Re: yams for creatine and main dietary carb.. - 02/14/07 07:31 PM

No Cord. What you see in the Allblacks and The Warriors is a combination of polynesian meets western diets and lifestyles and ideology and so on. I can seee they eat and do loads of stuff outside soley traditional lifestyle ( food + activity ) ..

Traditionally.. waaay old school... that portion of my heritage weren't fat.. but it's peace time and white man is here .. different assimlation period.

I don't want to get banned so I'm not going to argue with you.. but on my way to an M.B.B.Sc. to pay for a Ph.d. ( my logistical second after eastern philosophy/ communication and human existance ..aka Doctor of Zen )in education curriculum and syllabus reform I plan to take to the U.N. once they have ( or to get ) everyone on board, I'm gaining entry by studying bio-medical science at one of the most prestigious A grade uni's here in Australia. the thought of dicking some new pharmacuetical lines diid actually cross my mind but there'ssoo many other experiments I want to emerse myself in while i have the lab priviliges .. I just don't know..
It is a thought though and I'll take it with me .

Thanks for your input .

BtL.

p.s. even though eeeach of those cost $200,000 to register as a specified supplement for each product.. maybe one for fml athletes and one for gen.health ( ml aand fml) and well being and hormonal balance ( aka.. 4 whatever ails ya about it) might just bee the way to go. butt the idea was that being imo a better quality carb than bread even ( taro for a best wholemeal equivilent option) that it would be a good whoole food to spruke a stomache on. a powder or tab woould work too though. good point. ..maybe I can just get it listed as a superfood ?????
Maybe i'll make friends with a manufacturing network and health standarding board and just giive it to them to use at will. saves me talking to everyone anyway.

p.p.s. the body fat... it symbalises and cultivates stepping our alpha down ( to create a more even play field) and a less scary docility and peaceful intention not to dominate and friendship driven pacificism. yay for peace times. l-). see you at 'c' ????:/. @). cooool buggalugs. now if we can juust get a few ( say 33 000 round 1 fml) westerners doing the opposite
Posted by: Cord

Re: yams for creatine and main dietary carb.. - 02/15/07 07:33 AM

Quote:

No Cord. What you see in the Allblacks and The Warriors is a combination of polynesian meets western diets and lifestyles and ideology and so on. I can seee they eat and do loads of stuff outside soley traditional lifestyle ( food + activity ) ..

that is precisely what i said in my post

Quote:

Traditionally.. waaay old school... that portion of my heritage weren't fat..

One of the perks of my job is access to all academic departments in the university of cambridge, and their libraries. i was looking into getting some polynesian influenced tattoo work, but was very mindful of not wanting to inadvertantly disrespect a culture for the sake of making my leg pretty, so I went to our anthropology department to do some research. Historical accounts and artistic impressions of maori/polynesian islanders upon first encounter speak and show them to have been classic endo/mesomorphic bodytype- broad shouldered, thick set, and carrying a fair bit of 'ballast' around the midsection. A modern representation of the body shape described can be found in 'Umaga' the current WWE wrestler. Big, powerful, but far from 'ripped'.

Quote:

I don't want to get banned so I'm not going to argue with you.. but on my way to an M.B.B.Sc. to pay for a Ph.d. ( my logistical second after eastern philosophy/ communication and human existance ..aka Doctor of Zen )in education curriculum and syllabus reform I plan to take to the U.N. once they have ( or to get ) everyone on board, I'm gaining entry by studying bio-medical science at one of the most prestigious A grade uni's here in Australia.

This makes no sense whatsoever. I doctorate in philosophy in no way prepares you for entry into a high level biological science programme. And what precisely are you taking to the U.N.? they have no say whatsoever in the education policies of member countries. Very strange.

Quote:

p.p.s. the body fat... it symbalises and cultivates stepping our alpha down ( to create a more even play field) and a less scary docility and peaceful intention not to dominate and friendship driven pacificism. yay for peace times. l-). see you at 'c' ????:/. @). cooool buggalugs. now if we can juust get a few ( say 33 000 round 1 fml) westerners doing the opposite

OK. this portion of your post makes the last quote look positively shakespearian in its structure and clarity of communication.

I would expect better from a 'doctor of zen' than a sentence incorporating the phrase "cool buggalugs "

thread locked to prevent further nonsense.