constant bloody nose

Posted by: boxing_kid

constant bloody nose - 02/11/07 09:30 PM

the inside of my nose is always constanly bloody, its not so bad that blood drips down from my nose but every time i blow my nose blood comes out, why is this? i've had this for a while now should i be concerned
Posted by: Borrek

Re: constant bloody nose - 02/11/07 09:44 PM

Lol you knew what the answer would be...go see a doctor.

You could just have dry mucous membranes that crack easily. But the only way to know is to have a scope stuck up your beak.
Posted by: Joe7987

Re: constant bloody nose - 02/12/07 01:14 AM

Yep.. I'm gonna second this advice... Constant nose bleeding is something you should definitely get checked out.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: constant bloody nose - 02/12/07 09:46 AM

Doctor, as the others said. However, do you live in a very dry environment? Very low humidity can cause nose bleeds by drying out ithe interior of the nose. In the winter around here in PA, I have to use a humidifier in my bedroom so I don't nose bleeds at night.

You may also try a saline water nose spray to help keep the inside of your nose moisturized.
Posted by: boxing_kid

Re: constant bloody nose - 02/12/07 07:26 PM

actually i do live in a very dry enviroment, the winters here are very cold and dry (quite bad latly too)so that must be it it doesnt seem serious enough tot go to a doctor fo
Posted by: ikklehen

Re: constant bloody nose - 02/15/07 07:01 PM

Hey I had that for about 4 months a while ago, mine was due to a blood vessel close to the surface I kept irritating and when they are already inflamed it makes it worse.... Go see your GP though... you need a check up!
xxx
Posted by: kyokushinkai

Re: constant bloody nose - 03/10/07 11:57 PM

Same here, looks like its common lol. I had blood everytime I blew my nose for about 2 months, then it moved to 1 nose bleed a day ( in the morning ) then to 2 a day ( usually 1 in school also ) and that went on for another 2 months or so up until about a week ago. Now everything seems fine lol. I would guess mine was due to some sort of irritation, because it just went away, but my enviroment is the same.

Get it checked anyway.